IGNORED

Carb issue

10 hours ago, Alexg280z said:

I got the car to idle 700-800 only when the Jett nut is all the way down. The front car feels like it isn’t running at all. No matter what I do with the flow meter the red ball doesn’t move on the front. She backfired a lot because it’s running way to rich 

DF174608-755B-4DEC-9352-7E3587A7CAC8.jpeg

IMG_2992.MOV

It seems to me that the reason that carb isn't pulling any air is either linkage that isn't opening the butterfly or the piston is stuck at the bottom. Have you checked both of those?

Found one of the issues. My timing was completely garbage. It was like 90 R. I put the engine in TDC and put the distributor back and put it at roughly 17 A. Runs a lot better doesn’t shoot gas out anymore. Drove her for a bit but tach died then my clutch screwed up so it doesn’t engage anymore which is fantastic. Carbs run alright but once I try to put it down to 700/800rpm they just die. I have to put the Jett nut all the way down to even drive. 

I got a carb rebuild kit so I’ll see what I can do. Might change the needle cause the one currently on the piston is pretty long. Not sure if that has anything to do with the amount of gas that it allows into the carb. I feel that I might’ve added too much oil to the dampers but idk if that has an effect to it. 

• Like 1

Don't worry about the dampener oil being too full, it'll blow out. No big deal.

My clutch wasn't working when I first bought my orange 240z. It wouldn't back up my driveway. There's adjustment on the pedal and the slave cylinder that I found. Fixed the problem until I replaced everything.

https://www.google.com/search?q=adjusting+240z+clutch+classiczcars.com&client=ms-android-americamovil-us-revc&ei=ZJFeYL-LBdrWtQaNq4DIBQ&oq=adjusting+240z+clutch+classiczcars.com&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAM6BwgeEAoQiwM6BAgeEApQjlhYx2Bg-nVoAHAAeAGAAa8BiAG8CpIBAzQuOJgBAKABAbgBAsABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

Don't worry about the dampener oil being too full, it'll blow out. No big deal.

My clutch wasn't working when I first bought my orange 240z. It wouldn't back up my driveway. There's adjustment on the pedal and the slave cylinder that I found. Fixed the problem until I replaced everything.

https://www.google.com/search?q=adjusting+240z+clutch+classiczcars.com&client=ms-android-americamovil-us-revc&ei=ZJFeYL-LBdrWtQaNq4DIBQ&oq=adjusting+240z+clutch+classiczcars.com&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAM6BwgeEAoQiwM6BAgeEApQjlhYx2Bg-nVoAHAAeAGAAa8BiAG8CpIBAzQuOJgBAKABAbgBAsABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

Interesting didn’t know that there was an adjustment on the pedal itself I’ll have to check it out. Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

So I’m back after long work on my car. I changed the needles and cleaned out the carbs. Finally worked! (Not really) car reeved at 2000 and increased over time at idle. Used starter fluid to check for leaks and guess that my intake wasn’t fully flat had to tighten it a little more. Also PCV was bad. Finally got the carbs to idle and got the correct fuel mixture! Onto the second issues the clutch. Haven’t figured out what the issue is with the clutch. The gears just will not engage at all when I push the clutch all the way down. It looks like it is engaging when I looked under the car. Not sure what the issue is. I have a new slave and master but no dice. Note that the fork looks weird. The pin was bad but I replaced it so it holds the fork properly.  

98B8CAFB-36BB-4B65-B6FA-8464971DC710.jpeg

FE26A509-8B3E-4968-AF7D-55E8A0B776CF.jpeg

Just now, Alexg280z said:

So I’m back after long work on my car. I changed the needles and cleaned out the carbs. Finally worked! (Not really) car reeved at 2000 and increased over time at idle. Used starter fluid to check for leaks and guess that my intake wasn’t fully flat had to tighten it a little more. Also PCV was bad. Finally got the carbs to idle and got the correct fuel mixture! Onto the second issues the clutch. Haven’t figured out what the issue is with the clutch. The gears just will not engage at all when I push the clutch all the way down. It looks like it is engaging when I looked under the car. Not sure what the issue is. I have a new slave and master but no dice. Note that the fork looks weird. The pin was bad but I replaced it so it holds the fork properly.  

98B8CAFB-36BB-4B65-B6FA-8464971DC710.jpeg

FE26A509-8B3E-4968-AF7D-55E8A0B776CF.jpeg

Let me know if I have to move this to another part of the forums because this is no longer a carb issue

13 minutes ago, Alexg280z said:

Let me know if I have to move this to another part of the forums because this is no longer a carb issue

It's ok to leave it here actually.  What first started off as a possible carb problem and turned out to be something else.  Someone else is likely to run into the same problem in the future.  Unless you want to continue the post, of course... 

3 hours ago, Patcon said:

Are those pictures of the clutch fork with the clutch pedal NOT being pushed?

If so the problem is inside the bellhousing

The pictures are old but they are with the clutch pedal down. I’ll take another photo today because I had to replace the clutch fork retaining spring because it went bad.