IGNORED

Relapzed

Mark Maras

7 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

I no longer check out CraigsList on a daily basis

Hahaha.. i still do that!  ( on local second hand marketplace..)  but these last years not really much comes up..  It's been more than 5 years that i could buy some nice rare parts for z or zx.. 

Good (!)  Parts are becoming rare and expensive ..

I personally never had to persuade someone to sell me the part(s)..  but thats because i only reacted on their adverts.. 🙂

• Like 1

"GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!"  😄😄

Did you see the under 500 vin Safari Gold 240z barn find on CL Portland yesterday? 

Sold in 5 hours for $20K

I just bought this on Monday    https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pts/d/vancouver-near-complete-280z/7279621884.html

I still listen to the voices.........Though I have never cold called anyone. I just jump on the ads. I have been pretty lucky that way. I have run across some good parts and pieces, and missed some as well. 

Now my wife on the other hand - "Where are you going to put that?"

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 3.51.42 AM.png

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

It's truly amazing how tough addictions are to get rid of. Case in point, I've been patting myself on the back for the last couple of years in gradually getting past the Z voices in my head that urge me to look for Zs that need more work than my back can handle and parts that I have no place to store. I no longer check out CraigsList on a daily basis and 'had' settled into a peaceful retirement UNTIL today.

We must be on the same MEDS, the voices are relentless. Mine don't just whisper about Z's though, mine encourage me to pick up any old tool that I think I can fix, rebuild or restore.  But the other side of the addiction is the "purge" a useful technique that helps me justify my weakness to the addiction, I recently threw up 17 items on ebay because I simply have no more room to collect stuff, about 1/3rd of it has sold and I'm sure you can guess what that money is earmarked for.😇

1 hour ago, Terrapin Z said:

I just bought this on Monday  

What a deal!  Our cars are becoming more rare but the PNW is still a goldmine compared to the rest of the continent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

"GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!"  😄😄

Did you see the under 500 vin Safari Gold 240z barn find on CL Portland yesterday? 

Sold in 5 hours for $20K

I just bought this on Monday    https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pts/d/vancouver-near-complete-280z/7279621884.html

I still listen to the voices.........Though I have never cold called anyone. I just jump on the ads. I have been pretty lucky that way. I have run across some good parts and pieces, and missed some as well. 

Now my wife on the other hand - "Where are you going to put that?"

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 3.51.42 AM.png

Hi Dave,

What an incredible thing to see, a 1969 build date 240Z for sale on Craigslist of all places!  Looks to be a pretty solid car. Also, congrats on your 280Z project purchase!

• Like 1

Well, i woke up last night at about two in the morning thinking about that dirty white 240 behind the bushes and the fact that it looks like one could clean it up and drive it. It looks complete and the filth that covers it is brown and not red rust. So much,`wishful thinking`.Obviously several hours of convincing myself to let it go didn't work. I'm left with the same feeling as when I bought the last Z I didn't need. Someone has to save this car from rotting away. It shouldn't just be sitting here in the NW rain. Images in my head of the handsome prince rescuing the fair maiden from the dragon.

16 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

Well, i woke up last night at about two in the morning thinking about that dirty white 240 behind the bushes and the fact that it looks like one could clean it up and drive it. It looks complete and the filth that covers it is brown and not red rust. So much,`wishful thinking`.Obviously several hours of convincing myself to let it go didn't work. I'm left with the same feeling as when I bought the last Z I didn't need. Someone has to save this car from rotting away. It shouldn't just be sitting here in the NW rain. Images in my head of the handsome prince rescuing the fair maiden from the dragon.

The county assessor website should help with finding the property owner the car is on. Give it a shot, and see if the time is finally right for snagging that dusty white princess.

• Like 3

That's what I can do in my county. Do the google earth thing or maybe you already know the address then go to the county's website and look at the property tax records. I remember there was onetime somebody found one on a property with a big privacy fence around the yard. They did the satellite search and found some pot plants in the backyard. Anybody remember that?

Good luck with your search.

I think this yellow one is still out there Mark.  It's more visible now, the shed has fallen down around it,  but I don't think it's moved at all.  It has to be full of mice, just has to.

45.60803579621207, -122.86242506500992

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1