IGNORED

Need help choosing a blue (:

z shredder

Hello,

I am going to get my 240z projekt painted in the near future but I just cant distinguish and choose between the differnt shades of blue.

I know that I want a dark blue and I also have some examples of cars that I think look good, it would be great if you could help me identify some of these colors.

Greetings from germany

Elias

I think i like this first color the most:

B_1973-datsun-240z-with-a-stroked-32-l-l-series-inline-six-06_19210.jpg

010ce60ad8db56368a9153087933fd6b.jpg

Blauwe_240Z_met_flares_4_.jpg

cxe8q3ehgpa31.jpg

• Like 1

This may help. Thumbnail clicks of Datsun colors.

http://zhome.com/History/ZColorGallary/index.html

Pics of actual cars...

https://zcarguide.com/datsun-280z-stock-paint-interior-colors-us-canada/

I like that darker blue too! Mine have always been the blue/silver #305. Seems like that was a north American color. Very few dark blues are over here. I've seen one with white interior that was beautiful.

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, z shredder said:

Hello,

I am going to get my 240z projekt painted in the near future but I just cant distinguish and choose between the differnt shades of blue.

I know that I want a dark blue and I also have some examples of cars that I think look good, it would be great if you could help me identify some of these colors.

Greetings from germany

Elias

I think i like this first color the most:

B_1973-datsun-240z-with-a-stroked-32-l-l-series-inline-six-06_19210.jpg

010ce60ad8db56368a9153087933fd6b.jpg

First one is BMW Monte Carlo Blue. Second one I'm quite certain is factory 115 blue. It's a fairlady owned by a member here, although he's more active on instagram https://www.instagram.com/autootaku/

The trouble with picking out a colour online is how many variables could potentially misrepresent the colour in real life. The screen you're viewing the pictures on, the lighting when the picture was taken, the camera's settings (particularly the white balance), potential colour correction and picture touch ups all come into account. I think online is a good way to ballpark it (i.e. dark blue vs. light blue), but when you really want to narrow it down (to the point where you're picking precisely which shade of dark blue), I think it's best to see it in real life. Sort of like how you'd want to write with an ink, or test a can of paint before you decided what to go with. Maybe order some paint swatches printed with the exact colour code and specfiications, then envision what it'd look like. Or, go to a car meet (I know there's bound do be some in Germany) in hopes of finding a colour you like. That's just me though.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Google nissan TK3..

13 hours ago, Tweeds said:

The trouble with picking out a colour online is how many variables could potentially misrepresent the colour in real life

Totally agree, but if you google them (those 300zx's)  you'll see a lot of them in varius "colors" of .Sapphire Blue Pearl TK3  on the different pictures taken all in different situations.

I get a good pallet when you put on google: Nissan 300zx TK3  (go to pictures.)

I think this one is a good presentation..

nissantk3300zx.jpg

• Like 1