IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

5 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

Beverly Hills Auto is at it again with this beauty. Only $5950.00

Looks it came from the same field as the blue one, somebody's clearing out a collection.  They must have a set presentation format, they didn't include any number verification or title information, again.  Almost like they're not really trying to sell them.  

Edited by Zed Head

On 12/15/2020 at 3:03 PM, Zed Head said:

$22,500 for the nice green 71 with the L28.  I think the guy probably left thousands on the table because he showed a dirty car.  Collector/investors want shiny.

Lstepp4re had to jump in and pump a little bit at the end.  Surprised he didn't make a bid.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-datsun-240z-162/

image.png

image.png

I agree. Plenty of money left on the table for this No Reserve solid California Series I 240Z. 

5 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Looks it came from the same field as the blue one, somebody's clearing out a collection.  They must have a set presentation format, they didn't include any number verification or title information, again.  Almost like they're not really trying to sell them.  

Field???  I'm starting to think that they are pulling crap off the bottom of the ocean!  lol

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Racer X said:

If they keep this up, I have several S30’s in similar condition that may have to go up for sale.

I have picked up two parts cars that looked better than this, one was free the other was $300.00

If I had known I could sell them for $5K each I would have kept them instead of parting them out as I did. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Persimmon240 said:

Lest we forget that these are asking prices for the rusty nuggets and the zillion $$ bits and parts. The stuff priced properly (if there ever is any) sells quickly and disappears. Just because it says "buy it now" does not mean you should...

Probably pretty good collateral to borrow against.  Buy some junk for $100 claim its value at $5000.  Take out a loan.  I wonder if these guys are really in the car selling business.

8 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Another shiny late model 280Z, a 78.  Burgundy.  Looks pretty nice. 

I wonder where this one will end up. Looks to me like a typical well loved and well used (but not abused) Z from a sunny part of the country.

New paint covering worn out faded sun baked paint. Reasonably fitting dash cap covering a presumed sun-baked cracked dash. Missing emblem on the rear. Ill fitting dry-rotted weather stripping and lower door bumper hanging out of it's mounting holes. Holes in the seats (both of them, which IS a little unusual). Sun baked and faded rear carpet. Cracked A pillar trim and console mounting points. Spongy sun baked steering wheel. New fuel pump (which could be indicative od issues). And so on and so on.

Nothing unusual and nothing irreparable. Worn (loved), but unmolested. Would just take money. The underside looks intact. Everything else can be bolted on.

The modified blue 76 didn't go at $20,000.  Doesn't seem anything special about it.  Modified to suit the owner's tastes.  L28, 5 speed, clean, new dash, new paint.  No magnet valves so not sure how the heater controls operate.  Have to dig in to that, I thought they all used vacuum control (Edit - I guess non-AC cars did not use vacuum kocks.  So this is a non-AC car).  Wonder what the owner was holding out for.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-datsun-280z-41/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-12-18

image.png

Edited by Zed Head