IGNORED

New project

240dkw

25 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Keep on you Rascal! 

I might get an extra large Christmas gift from my stepmom after my Dad's passing then there will be a classic bike in between my Zs. Fingers crossed.

site: Way back sometime maybe 25 years before the last millennium ended, I was riding my Suzuki Water Buffalo and a friend was riding his RD350.  We decided to switch rides.  We immediately jump on the two lane road and right away he whips around the car holding us up.  I follow in quick pursuit.  Sort of.  I whip out into the lane of oncoming traffic and hit the throttle hard.  Nothing.... As I look down the road, I see many large cars heading my way and closing FAST. So I kick it down one and twist that throttle for all it's worth.   Nothing...The cars, it seems, are getting really close.

So I kick it down again and open it up and holy crap, that f'ing lit up like it had a rocket booster up its arse.  I just hung on and we shot past everything around us, and in the nick of time. 

I'd forgotten my buddy had race prepped his engine.  Apparently it was his plan that it not turn on until it was at five grand.  I guess there was no reason to share that with me. 😆

Ahh, the good ole days.

Once again, sorry to temporarily hijack this thread.  I couldn't resist after seeing the RD.

• Thanks 1

Memories of older bikes is what we love. You ain't hijack nothing! What a great story to share. Thank you! 

I know my 2 stroke KX80 had a "powerband" in the exhaust that acted like a turbo at high rpms. From what I remember there was some vales in the exhaust pipe that opened up at high revs allowing like an open exhaust pipe. Giving them some more gitty up an go. Lots of flipped bikes and sore asses from those powerbands. LOL

• 1 year later...

Since we all seem to be traveling down motorcycle memory lane, here is one of mine.

A 1977 Honda Hawk, bought brand new shortly after college.

Still have it but haven’t ridden it in a very long time.F000C96F-01A0-4B35-933E-A6ED2088AA55.jpeg

Edited by Racer X
  • Like 4