IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

everything in the states is viewed thru a political lens, this included wars/natural disasters/and now medical pandemics. Its is unfortunate since the messages are often distorted by who is reporting and what there political bias maybe. The last time I can recall when this was not the case was when Tim Russert was alive. You really never knew where he came down on an issue. And then there is the 24/7 news cycle that needs to be constantly filled, there is only so much news out there. When you hear the same exact talking points being expressed you have to wonder is anyone doing independent investigating or are we just given a script that is to be repeated endlessly.

Education is a BIG problem. History is told by the victors, but even then its often retold to fit what ever your team needs to hear. Back to working on my Z something that I can have an effect on.

• Like 2

So many great points brought up by Dave and ZH. There are so many factors and forces driving the way people react. The news organizations should be ashamed of themselves for stoking fear in people. I’m back in Panama, landed at 9am this morning and unfortunately I have only two English channels in my hotel CNN and Fox News. There is nothing similar in what they report. My company has advices all persons to remain in hotel which sucks because I had planned on taking the canal tour. Things are slowing to a down here too . Last weeks the roads were nuts today...not so much traffic.
People stockpile because it’s the only way they can find comfort when faced with things they have no control over. In my opinion is always good to have food in the pantry, TP under the cabinet and generals supplies, Especially if you have a family to support. People buy ammo because they fear riots like happened in LA (Rodney King) or more recently in Baltimore. You can never underestimate what desperate people will do. Our modern society has a thin layer of civility separating us from chaos. We’ve created a system that is fragile. Global food supply chain, we depend on and so many thing to make sure our stores are stocked and fuel and electricity are available. We are only 9 meals away from total chaos in modern society. I have lots of ammo because shooting is a hobby and I’m a gun enthusiast. I also have them to protect my family. I conceal carry and have a federal firearms license and can carry on all commercial aircraft when traveling. It’s great because I never have to go through security lines.
In times like these it’s important to help others, be a leader in your community and be that voice of reason around the sheep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Korea seems to have the most accurate stats.  ~ 0.7% death rate is not as bad as feared.  Not sure why Italy and Iran are higher.  Different strain of virus or more people with underlying ailments.

The “Mahan” airline owned by the Islamic revolutionary guard of Iran has been regularly flying to Wuhan and back with students / guards etc. They publicly denied it until they couldn’t any longer!

Furthermore, they told people it was nothing to worry about to ensure they turned out to vote during recent elections.

Meanwhile the high ranking mullahs and their families have been flown to Russia and other neighbouring counties to be protected.

You really can’t make it up!

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/iran-guard-s-airline-continued-regular-flights-to-china-despite-official-denials/30452950.html

Italy was simply slow to diagnose and given that they are incapable of communicating without hands and touch, it was a fate acompli! ;) you know the old joke? What do you call an Italian with only one arm?

A dyslexic! :p

Just got back from supermarket and the usual lack of loo roll and sanitiser aside, all the pasta, pesto, tomato sauce and flour were completely wiped out!! I didn’t realise there were that many Italians in the UK!? [emoji848]

I just got back from Utah a couple of hrs ago, was doing some hiking in the canyons.  On the way back to Las Vegas this morning to fly out there was a guy on the main Hwy holding a big sign saying FEAR NOT.   Cars were honking with approval.

I swear some people seem to enjoy panicking. 

• Like 1