IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

Confirmed yesterday that vaccinated people can pass COVID to each other.  I didn't get this from any website, I saw it happen.  I'm still seeing a lot of people who are vaccinated thinking they don't have to take precaution.  Take care of yourselves, we aren't out of the woods yet.

It's well documented Mike.  Even that vaccinated people can carry the same viral load in their nasal cavities as unvaccinated people if they do get the virus.  The point of being vaccinated, especially with the Delta variant, is to stay out of the hospital and get well sooner, and to improve the odds of not catching the virus in the first place.

It's all about probability, the odds of bad things happening.  Many people want things to be black and white, yes or no, but that's not how the world works.  Just like avoiding bad foods, or wearing a seatbelt.  Improve your chances.

Masking is what protects those around you the best.  It contains the virus to your own local environment if you have it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I think that COVID is going to be running around the States for a long time.  It's really turning into background noise in some places.

This is Tennessee, for a World Cup Qualifier soccer game right now.  The players might be fine, who knows about those fans.  Crowd of 43,000.  One of the players did get COVID though, had to miss today's game.

image.png

It's in Davidson County.

https://covidactnow.org/us/tennessee-tn/county/davidson_county/?s=22611184

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I think that COVID is going to be running around the States for a long time.  It's really turning into background noise in some places.

This is Tennessee, for a World Cup Qualifier soccer game right now.  The players might be fine, who knows about those fans.  Crowd of 43,000.  One of the players did get COVID though, had to miss today's game.

image.png

It's in Davidson County.

https://covidactnow.org/us/tennessee-tn/county/davidson_county/?s=22611184

image.png

This is called living life. Some see living life differently than others. There are so many variables to covid.

My 80 year old mother in law who is overweight, diabetic, and elderly stayed in her house for 2 months at the beginning of this, until she said screw it, "this is not living, I'm done" she said. When my wife and I had covid and didnt know it, We had spent time with her for a few days and she never had one symptom or issue (pre vaccine). My wife was really sick for 3 days and I felt like I was catching a cold off and on for 3 weeks. My point is, people as individuals have to make the call on what they believe is correct, arguing on levels from Federal to personal is wearing thin on many, and graphing from California, Australia, China is great, but is the end game to pit one group against another?

Australia gave up on their goal of locking down the nation until 70 or 80% vaccinations because they realized that it was going to do more harm than good.

I'm in Vancouver, WA today, and was out for a walk during the morning cool, and this woman walking towards me on the sidewalk quickly donned her mask and looked at me like I had snakes coming out of my ears, no I didnt have a mask on.

What kind of world are we creating, and what are the positives of it?

Edited by DC871F
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Edited.  Again.  DC might not be trying to troll but it sure does feel like I had a hook in my mouth.

Another edit - Realized that the basic question somebody reading DC's post should ask themselves is - is DC's recent "life" the type of life that they want for themselves or people they care about?  I don't see anything desirable in the story.  It's really like a story of being in a bad accident.  "I made a life choice and am suffering the consequences".  Actually, maybe that is the point of the story and I missed it.  It's actually a story demonstrating the value of vaccination and mask-wearing, and caring for other people in society.  I might be underestimating DC's very sophisticated influencing skills.

Don't want to get COVID, don't want people I care about to get COVID, don't want to frighten strangers on the street.  There's nothing in the story to strive for.  "Not wearing a mask" seems to be the only thing that matters.  At what cost?  Seems pretty high.

Edited by Zed Head

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Edited.  Again.  DC might not be trying to troll but it sure does feel like I had a hook in my mouth.

Another edit - Realized that the basic question somebody reading DC's post should ask themselves is - is DC's recent "life" the type of life that they want for themselves or people they care about?  I don't see anything desirable in the story.  It's really like a story of being in a bad accident.  "I made a life choice and am suffering the consequences".  Actually, maybe that is the point of the story and I missed it.  It's actually a story demonstrating the value of vaccination and mask-wearing, and caring for other people in society.  I might be underestimating DC's very sophisticated influencing skills.

Don't want to get COVID, don't want people I care about to get COVID, don't want to frighten strangers on the street.  There's nothing in the story to strive for.  "Not wearing a mask" seems to be the only thing that matters.  At what cost?  Seems pretty high.

No, me saying I wasnt wearing a mask was not intended as being mean spirited, I was just setting the situation as why this woman behaved that way, you know, ridiculously.

I also am not trolling, If I wanted to say something I would, but even then this is not the correct format for that kind of exchange. I was not goading you for a response in a negative way.

Were talking about a virus, you seem to be talking about something else that has orbited covid since about the beginning. Viruses are bad, you to act as if a person, government, individual has any control over it is kind of silly. You are 100% correct, what I had said above does illustrate vaccinations and precautions, but my story about my family was before there was a vaccine.

Not that it matters, but no where did I say vaccine bad or good.

1 minute ago, Captain Obvious said:

You need information in order to form that belief. Get your info from a source at the top of the curve, not down in the fake news weeds on the sides.

media bias 7.0.jpg

Here's the top tier:
media bias 7.0 top tier.jpg

I guess I'll end my subscription to the Enquirer then, here I thought all along that Elvis was a Martian from Jupiter, darn.

Life is about issues Mike.  A life that only revolved around Z cars would not be very substantial.  We're all adults here.  We can handle it.

DC, what struck me about your post was that you didn't show any compassion for the woman who put her mask on when she saw you coming.  Despite the fact that you had seen your own wife suffering with COVID so you knew what she was trying to avoid.    It just seemed cruel.  But we can't all be nice guys, I guess.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how society fares when institutions shut down because of actual sickness instead of prevention.  I wish that the various authority figures could learn how to frame the subject in ways that everyone can understand.  

27 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Life is about issues Mike.  A life that only revolved around Z cars would not be very substantial.  We're all adults here.  We can handle it.

DC, what struck me about your post was that you didn't show any compassion for the woman who put her mask on when she saw you coming.  Despite the fact that you had seen your own wife suffering with COVID so you knew what she was trying to avoid.    It just seemed cruel.  But we can't all be nice guys, I guess.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how society fares when institutions shut down because of actual sickness instead of prevention.  I wish that the various authority figures could learn how to frame the subject in ways that everyone can understand.  

I was just giving a recount of my experience, not saying I gave her a ration of crap about it. Cruel seems a bit over the top.

Since I'm on airliners every other week, it also threw me for a loop when a woman boarding an airplane said I was too close to her. I mentioned that we will be sitting within inches of each other for the next 3 hours, and she replied "yeah I know, but you're still to close". There's no reasoning with this type of attitude. Seeing societal evolution take many steps back is unsettling. Again, I was just giving recount, no slight against her, just odd.