IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

• 4 weeks later...

Well fellas (and ladies), it’s been a rough week!

aa475cd38ce42372099961347d98ed1b.jpg

Auntie ‘rona took a delta flight, came to visit and has not made it a pleasant stay! Our eldest came home from a summer camp at the local school and a few days later we had a text to say one of the kids in his bubble had tested positive.

We tested negative, so we went off onto our long weekend away. A few days later he wasn’t feeling great. We all had PCR tests and except for the eldest they all came back negative.

Soon our youngest had a temp too. We had PCR tests again and all of us were positive! Thankfully none of the friends we were away with are affected. We suspect the close proximity of sitting in a car for 4 hours each way would have done the trick!

I’ve been the hardest hit as I am a man and clearly “man flu” is way worse than anything women experience in life - with the possible exception of childbirth! So my body has been feeling like It’s been tramped on all over by a herd of cows, big headaches, eyes and ears feeling like they’re being pinned / pulled out, big cough, no energy and having the shivers / sweats with 40°c / 104°F temps (a lower temp thermostat didn’t help). Other than that I’ve been tip top!

Feeling better yesterday and hungry again, with a rare occasion of seeing the sun in the sky, we had an isolation bar-b-q for supper ...

15ad5aa833a3d8a0f7e63c5c5e5c9b08.jpg

I could not smell a THING !!! Nothing! Not even standing in the thick smoke could I smell any charcoal!!! The taste has gone too! The burgers tasted like chicken, salmon or frankly anything salty. Mustard, which I can’t normally handle, no trouble at all, lashed it on!!! I can happily chew into an onion and pretend it’s an apple!

My youngest told me that the benefit of having no smell is that I won’t get as cross when I go to brush my teeth and find he hasn’t flushed the loo! Silver linings!!

Anyway gang, the moral of the story is, if someone as fit, healthy and strong as I am, with double vax can crash so hard, I hate to imagine what it must be like for those who’ve refused to vax.

Astra and Zenica have been looking after me.

681ebcb52787e91040a58cccf815fc53.jpg

I suspect my wife’s Pfizer is more effective hence her having a better time of it. Another theory is that (so my doctorfriend tells me) I had a mild version of covid when we got back from Skiing in northern Italy in Feb 2020 (European epicentre of C19 at the time). Apparently if you have had it already you get a stronger immune response to the vaccine and a re-infection - in my case I had a terrible response to the vax.

So long story short, just wanted to say, take care of yourselves, this is nasty stuff and it ain’t gone away just because our politicians say it has or reduce public precautions to suit the narrative of the day. It’s also something we have to learn to live with, so we must keep sensible caution in place.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, AK260 said:

Well fellas (and ladies), it’s been a rough week!

aa475cd38ce42372099961347d98ed1b.jpg

Auntie ‘rona took a delta flight, came to visit and has not made it a pleasant stay! Our eldest came home from a summer camp at the local school and a few days later we had a text to say one of the kids in his bubble had tested positive.

We tested negative, so we went off onto our long weekend away. A few days later he wasn’t feeling great. We all had PCR tests and except for the eldest they all came back negative.

Soon our youngest had a temp too. We had PCR tests again and all of us were positive! Thankfully none of the friends we were away with are affected. We suspect the close proximity of sitting in a car for 4 hours each way would have done the trick!

I’ve been the hardest hit as I am a man and clearly “man flu” is way worse than anything women experience in life - with the possible exception of childbirth! So my body has been feeling like It’s been tramped on all over by a herd of cows, big headaches, eyes and ears feeling like they’re being pinned / pulled out, big cough, no energy and having the shivers / sweats with 40°c / 104°F temps (a lower temp thermostat didn’t help). Other than that I’ve been tip top!

Feeling better yesterday and hungry again, with a rare occasion of seeing the sun in the sky, we had an isolation bar-b-q for supper ...

15ad5aa833a3d8a0f7e63c5c5e5c9b08.jpg

I could not smell a THING !!! Nothing! Not even standing in the thick smoke could I smell any charcoal!!! The taste has gone too! The burgers tasted like chicken, salmon or frankly anything salty. Mustard, which I can’t normally handle, no trouble at all, lashed it on!!! I can happily chew into an onion and pretend it’s an apple!

My youngest told me that the benefit of having no smell is that I won’t get as cross when I go to brush my teeth and find he hasn’t flushed the loo! Silver linings!!

Anyway gang, the moral of the story is, if someone as fit, healthy and strong as I am, with double vax can crash so hard, I hate to imagine what it must be like for those who’ve refused to vax.

Astra and Zenica have been looking after me.

681ebcb52787e91040a58cccf815fc53.jpg

I suspect my wife’s Pfizer is more effective hence her having a better time of it. Another theory is that (so my doctorfriend tells me) I had a mild version of covid when we got back from Skiing in northern Italy in Feb 2020 (European epicentre of C19 at the time). Apparently if you have had it already you get a stronger immune response to the vaccine and a re-infection - in my case I had a terrible response to the vax.

So long story short, just wanted to say, take care of yourselves, this is nasty stuff and it ain’t gone away just because our politicians say it has or reduce public precautions to suit the narrative of the day. It’s also something we have to learn to live with, so we must keep sensible caution in place.

So, you have been vaccinated, and you still caught it and got ill from it?

• Like 1

So, you have been vaccinated, and you still caught it and got ill from it?

Yes sirreee! That’s about the long and short of it! And yes it was the delta variant.

However, a week on and I feel a lot better, if only a little weak at times and need to take it easy. Being desperate to be in the fresh air, I did an oil change on the Q5 to force myself out - which was fine at the time but I paid for it within an hour as I had drained all the energy! Very weird for me as I normally exhaust people with my energy and pack way too much into any day.

I am told it would have been a lot worse without the vax[emoji382]especially as I get asthma whenever I have flu. So far, it’s just been an intermittent cough without a tight chest. Something to be grateful for!

• Like 2

So glad to hear you're okay and though really bad, it wasn't as bad as it could've been, I guess. 

A good friend of mine is 4 weeks into his delta gift. He's a farmer and still can't be on his feet for longer than 30 minutes.  Can't operate any machinery, feed the cows, fix anything.

Interestingly, he told me he had the J&J vax.  His wife told mine he hasn't been vaxed. I'm staying out of that one.

So here's to a quick complete recovery for you 🍻

• Like 1

So glad to hear you're okay and though really bad, it wasn't as bad as it could've been, I guess. 
A good friend of mine is 4 weeks into his delta gift. He's a farmer and still can't be on his feet for longer than 30 minutes.  Can't operate any machinery, feed the cows, fix anything.
Interestingly, he told me he had the J&J vax.  His wife told mine he hasn't been vaxed. I'm staying out of that one.
So here's to a quick complete recovery for you [emoji482]

Thank you sir. Hope your friend gets better soon too. I wonder if he is feeling silly for not having done it and trying to save face? As you say, best stay out of a marital dispute. LOL