IGNORED

New Oil Cam Spray Tube

Clay C

the only thing i can think of is if the internal diameter of the tube is too large it might loose pressure (not sure how important is it for the cam to have pressure).. other than that it looks nice to make it out of 1 section of tube, less stuff to fail.

The size of the outlet holes would determine pressure.  Can't tell if they're too big or not.  Not really much data to tell if it will work correctly.  The cork gasket seems too thick and not right for the application.

Good concept, functionality unknown.  Send the guy a message and see if he has some more info.  Even a video or picture of the bar squirting oil.

• Like 1

Nice and simple. As long as the oil streams all aim at the right place, it’s all good. 

If “I” were advertising such a thing, I would be posting video’s of the spray patterns at 10 psi (Idle) and 60 psi (operating) to give such a critical piece some semblance of trustworthiness. 

Looks like someone didn't want to spring for cost of the aluminum extrusion that the other guy uses to make these. LOL

Has the same "issue" though. The holes are further from the cam than the stock bar. Might matter, might not. Probably depends on how healthy your oil pressure is.

It is my belief that differential expansion is what caused the failures of a lot of the original bars. This one would suffer the same stresses, but since it's one piece, I suspect it'll just squirm on the mounting holes and survive. If anything, it'll just leak some at the joints between the gasket and the cam towers.

One would hope that even if it seeps a little at those joints, the path of least resistance would still encourage the majority of the oil to make it all the way to the holes.

I haven't tested any of this, but that's my read.  Haha!