IGNORED

Mint '71 240Z - More Fun Coming to BaT

DatsunZGuy

Hi Blue , I am glad to hear that .Everyone admits what Katayama-san had been dedicated for . Of course Alan does too . Alan wants to spread correct information to the people outside of Japan , I wanted people in Japan to know more about export model , because their family “ Datsun 240Z  ( for US and Canada ) was sold in the  biggest market for Nissan . The difference between Fairlady Z series and Datsun 240Z ( all export model ) would make people in Japan fun to look at . 
So , this time this green fantastic car did a great job for people in Japan too , because so many people watched this car and they became to know what a beautiful color combination it is , and they realized there might be still some cars like this existing in the US , what a great country it is !

Blue , when you come to see me , this nut 01211-00021 will be your souvenir from me . I have dozens of them , my goal is inviting overseas friends until this nut runs out . “ L “ means this needs  to be turned opposite direction for the steering side rod Left . 
My little collection of bolts and nuts for suspensions.

Kats 

AAEEB5A9-1CC1-45A0-B07C-9D6C29E8293B.jpeg

64CD094C-3554-4AAC-897C-5C1B15530058.jpeg

450BA908-F156-4011-A0B6-91817B3BB130.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi christoffel , beautiful car , almost identical to my orange car . The carpets still has an inspector’s name stamp , mine is “ Hoshino 星野“ what is yours? When you do detailing of your car , I think you are going to follow the instructions of installing the tools . 

Does your stowage instructions show the same of my orange ? Or three - step instructions? 

Kats

3AA5D10E-A862-4CEA-89BB-10C4DA909107.png

C19C8EE1-EA82-4045-8353-DBAB20FC7CFF.png

F73AE874-E006-4F2A-9818-97065CA48008.jpeg

9A1478EB-EF7E-43DE-A3AE-2ED24BE5AF33.jpeg

Edited by kats
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, bartsscooterservice said:

He's talking about factory rated crankshaft output, NOT gear ratios, diff ratio's and track times that affect this

By the way the L24 is rated 110kw and the S20 119kw

And I'm trying to get across the point that factory rated outputs are for *bare* engines. A smog pump-equipped, retarded timing anti-emissions L24 simply cannot have the same real world output as an L24 that is not similarly encumbered, even if they *do* have the same output written on their engine bay tags.

And gear ratios and diff ratios very much DO have an effect on The Package. The above - different - L24s will perform quite differently in character when they are part of a car, and especially so when one is attached to a wide ratio 4-speed and 3.3 diff, and the other is attached to a close ratio 5-speed Overdrive and 3.9 diff.

432 and 432R were equipped with that close ratio 5-speed and a 4.44 diff with LSD. Again, a package that was well balanced and aimed at the sporting driver. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kats said:

The carpets still has an inspector’s name stamp , mine is “ Hoshino 星野“ what is yours?

I wish there was reproduction carpets exactly in the style of the originals like your photo Kats.

I think my 73 240z I bought in the late 90s had the original carpets still but they were begging to disintegrate and everytime I'd move them in and out of the car there would be black bits of carpet left all over the floor. It was frustrating, but they fit perfect in the car. So far no aftermarket floor carpet has fit as nicely..

I never knew they had an inspectors tag on it either. Cool.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 11:25 AM, Gav240z said:

Looking at the air con install my 71 240z appears to have a dealer fitted system that is very similar. Let me take some photos of how it's all routed.

My dealer fitted aircon in the 71 240z... 

IMG_20200201_120214.jpg

IMG_20200201_120205.jpg

Controls sit on side of console.

IMG_20200201_120154.jpg

Passenger foot well.

IMG_20200201_115934.jpg

Compressor sits on bracket under airbox.

IMG_20200201_115945.jpg

Condenser and radiator set up.

IMG_20200201_115923.jpg

Firewall doesn't use piping like the Fairlady Z models.

IMG_20200201_115915.jpg

Instead there is 2 holes under the battery.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 240260280 said:

but I did see some early Nissan document that shows "Series 1" on one of the inner title pages

I would certainly like to see that, Mr. Hoover.  I have always opined that the 1, 2, 3, series thing was a Carl Beck distinction.  What I recall is the distinction between model years and 'builds' of the North American imports.  And exclusively the North American imports because the 'builds' varied so much between model types and markets.  Carl goes to great lengths on his website to document the various 'builds'; and he does a good job, but the nomenclature applies to the North American imports.  Of course, Nissan literature commonly refers to the "S30 Series".  I see it all over the place, but not the series 1, 2, 3 like we North Americans refer to.

We are way off topic BTW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 26th-Z said:

I would certainly like to see that, Mr. Hoover.  I have always opined that the 1, 2, 3, series thing was a Carl Beck distinction.

It is actually posted somewhere on this site by another member. I too was surprised to see it but there it was.  I'll try to find it... it is in a Nissan document that has similar formatting to the first few pages of the FSM's.

54436-E4100 Bolt-Transverse Link - Bolt that secures the front control arm to the subframe(note the color)  NLA from Nissan US

01221-00211 Nut-Hex Lock L - left tie rod end lock nut- NLA from Nissan US

08911-34410(A) Nut-Rev idle shaft - Early 4 speed trans also used on the 3N71A automatic trans to lock the shifter in place. However more familiar as the right tie rod end lock nut- NLA from Nissan US

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 7:55 PM, 26th-Z said:

I would certainly like to see that, Mr. Hoover.  I have always opined that the 1, 2, 3, series thing was a Carl Beck distinction.  What I recall is the distinction between model years and 'builds' of the North American imports.  And exclusively the North American imports because the 'builds' varied so much between model types and markets.  Carl goes to great lengths on his website to document the various 'builds'; and he does a good job, but the nomenclature applies to the North American imports.  Of course, Nissan literature commonly refers to the "S30 Series".  I see it all over the place, but not the series 1, 2, 3 like we North Americans refer to.

We are way off topic BTW.

As I see it..series 1,2 3 etc doesn't exist. I could come from Carl like you said, I don't know but someybody gave that term to it.

In those years, not with the S30 alone, but with many car manufacturers developments and new changes where adopted constantly into the design. 

So changes ( improvements ), occured along the way with no specific date.