christoffel's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

christoffel

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by christoffel

  1. Changing the belhousing takes about 30-45 minutes. When someone is a mechanic and follows the instructions it is a plug and play job without hassle. There are 3 reasons to have the new belhousing apart: -flexibility in supply line, because NISMO delivers the transmission for free directly to the port. -we have now 2 different belhousings, for OHC and DOHC. By keeping it apart we stay flexible. -There are people who have already a S15 gearbox and need only the belhousing. Those things all together makes that we can offer the package at a very competitive price and stay flexible. About the suggestion of the filler neck, we had a big stock of very good orignal ones and NOS filler necks, so for ourselves it is not a big issue.
  2. Derek, I have enormous respect for you and for what you have achieved with the Datsunworks head. Precisely because I value your engineering work, I was disappointed by the way you characterised both the Escort conversion and our solution. Your TL70 conversion is clearly a thoughtful and practical approach. Retaining the factory cover as a reference, avoiding unnecessary work inside the transmission, and using a platform-style shifter are all valid engineering choices. However, they are not the only valid engineering choices. Welding a bellhousing to an existing case is not automatically “asking for trouble.” The quality of the result depends on the complete process: fixturing, heat control, welding sequence, material knowledge, stress management, and final inspection or machining. Shiobara-san and Escort have extensive experience, and their parts have been used successfully by many customers. A different manufacturing method should not be dismissed simply because the details of that process are not publicly known. The same principle applies to Sagami-san’s purpose-designed casting. Accuracy depends on controlling the critical interfaces, including shaft alignment, bearing positions, transmission angle, and the connections to the engine and gearbox. These can be built into the design, precisely machined, and independently verified. The result is determined by sound engineering, machining, and inspection. From our perspective, Sagami-san’s solution is the best solution for our intended applications, which is precisely why we chose it. That is not a theoretical judgement or a dismissal of other approaches. It is a considered engineering and commercial decision based on the complete design, its integration with the L-series platform, its construction, and our confidence in the person responsible for producing it. I have followed Nozomu Sagami’s work for many years. His knowledge and track record, including work connected with Honda Racing, Nismo, Toyota, and others, deserve serious consideration. So before we partnered we took our time to asses. The specific characteristics of the NISMO six-speed transmission, particularly its strength and gear ratios, are also very important to us. We are considering offering the Datsunworks head as a possible option for our S30-ONE cars, and we therefore need a transmission solution that can reliably complement the performance and power potential of such an engine. For that intended application, the capabilities and gearing of the NISMO six-speed are significant factors in our decision. So I am considering having Sagami-san build an engine for us using a Datsunworks head, and I am currently discussing that project with him. I would not be considering this combination if I did not have confidence in both your work and his. In fact, we are currently advising on a project in Australia in which JHH in Brisbane is preparing an L-series engine fitted with a DOHC head supplied by you. That engine will be connected to its transmission using a solution supplied by us and manufactured for us by Sagami san. This is a very tangible example of how our respective work can complement each other rather than compete. Every solution involves different compromises in manufacturing, installation, shifter placement, availability, cost, and intended application. Your approach may be the best choice for some customers; Escort’s approach may suit others. For our requirements, we believe Sagami-san’s solution is the best choice. There does not need to be one universal winner for every vehicle, customer, or application. Thanks Chris
  3. I’m dyslexic, and neither American nor British English is my native language, so that makes for a wonderfully adventurous combination! 😄 Luckily, enthusiasm speaks every language. If the true enthusiasts can feel our excitement, then our mission is accomplished. In the end, taste will always remain delightfully personal and subjective.
  4. You can use your current speedo cable on the S30.world NISMO 6-speed with conversion kit
  5. I have seen this car in person
  6. David, Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appriciate them.
  7. Thanks Mike, yes that is all in the game. I will sent you an email. About the stickers we found them #10862 and we have before pictures of our BAT #11699 not having them..........
  8. As you all saw, the auction result for Safari Gold HLS30-11699 is now in the books. The current global climate likely played a role, but auctions always reflect a specific moment in time. When you invest this much time, research, and craftsmanship into a car, you naturally hope the result reflects that. Still, what matters most to me is what we achieved. We were able to show the world what we believe is an exceptionally beautiful early Z restored with deep respect for how these cars originally left the factory and once again learned a lot in the process. Even though I have always had a deep love for the design of the S30 and for the way we approach our restorations, seeing the car through Adam’s presentation made me fall in love with it all over again. This is only a first step for us. We will keep refining, learning, and pushing ourselves further. We’re also working on many new things beyond the Masterpieces project, which makes me genuinely excited about what lies ahead. Thank you for your feedback and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you feel you can contribute to our shared passion for the Z. (chris@s30.world)
  9. Thank you so much for confirming my observation. Great to see it so clearly in this pictures. I'm out of the country at the moment, so not able to check myself at the moment.
  10. Thanks for seeing it, it will be adjusted, it is not correct. Actually we have some NOS knobs, but unfortunately I think their size is different, I remember from an observation some years ago. Feed back on this pleae????
  11. I have seen your story of the car, very nice! Great video you made about the door weather strips, Thanks!
  12. Where are you located in Australia? Currently having some appointment in Australia.
  13. I'm by far an expert on Australian cars, but I think that should be corect for your Australian 09/1971 car. As far as my knowledge goes, HLS30-00004 should not have a lower splash pan fitted. If I remember well, it had a splash pan with holes mounted on it. It is very difficult to be on par with all WW markets/years in terms of exact specs.
  14. Thanks for your compliments and feedback! The heal mat we had especially produced as we have also the clips to fit the mats in factory style to the fire wall insulation. Adam will post a picture of that soon. You are right the black out paint is glossy and that is not correct. We changed that that 3 months ago thanks to feedback from @SpeedRoo
  15. Hello 240Z in OZ i thought the same, because the holes for the splash pan are present. So @Carl Beck and others assured me it was not the case for a 1970 production car. The EU cars had it from the beginning (without holes) like I suppose the JDM cars. From my experience I have seen them only on 1973 cars with the bigger bumpers. Maybe someone here can tell when they (with holes) became standard. And please correct me when I’m wrong!
  16. Dear forum members, Some of you know me and also know that I became somewhat obsessed with the idea of building first-year cars to the same level as when they left the factory. Throughout my search for cars, parts, and information, I traveled to the USA many times and learned so much and met so many amazing people. I then traveled Japan numerous times to continue my search for the roots of the Z car. In the end this car became a very important part of my live and it has given me so many friends all over the world! Next week, our Datsun 240Z will finally go live. At first, we had a problem with the registration certificate, which had gone missing but was eventually found again. Adam Eisenhaure, from Garage 44 in Pennsylvania, took his time to create the most beautiful presentation he has ever made and spent again a few days at our museum in Buren, the Netherlands, last week. I am really very happy with the way he approach things. He used to own a 240Z himself and his father worked at a Datsun dealer in the early 1970s. Among other things, by the way he is a specialist in flat top Hitachis. We are working on a 1973 model year 240Z with 26,000 miles, for which we still have the original flat tops and for which we want to use his knowledge. Several weeks ago there was a discussion here about the 100% factory correct description used by a journalist. Also some of you reached out to me and helped with sugestions, which I really appreciate. For sure 100% is not possible. But our team, Gustav and I, have given all the love we had and spared no time, money, or effort to achieve this result. A result that would not have been possible without the help of many friends from all over the world. So a big thank you to everybody who contributed! For me I only can see that all I do whit those cars is passion! Nevertheless, you will certainly encounter various things where we still have missed the mark. But please also look at the details that we have done very well. Ultimately, our goal is to raise the popularity and appreciation of S30s to a higher level, and besides of getting back our investment we hope this auction will help us to achieve that. I myself will not comment on the auction till Adam asks me to do so, Enjoy the auction! Chris Visscher PS Please if you see something and want to help please reach out to ap.eisenhauer@gm.com (Adam from Garage44) or at chris@s30.world
  17. All good! Thank you so much for this feedback, we will work on it and you will see the result soon. And whenever you are in Europe, reach out and we will roll out the red carpet if you want to visit the museum. A lot of people from the US already visit it when they did a Europe tour.
  18. Dear Zed Head, What we do is not entertainment, but pure passion. That and what we do is a reason for respect, and we do not deserve to be used as entertainment. Yes, thanks for your feedback we acted too fast by taking it out of the Masterpiece section, the white #15xxx does not belong in the Icon section either. It is one of the most beautiful 240Zs on the planet and therefore really belongs in the Masterpiece section, with the restriction that the underside is completely painted. This car was one of the favorites of Jeff Agner, our TEAM member from the USA. Here is some entertainment you might like: https://s30.world/stories/octane-zen-with-two-datsun-240zs-including-a-very-early-one https://s30.world/stories/octane-takeo-miyazaki-on-the-twisty-road-to-the-perfect-sports-car And if you want to help and have any feedback? Please email me: chris@s30.world Kind regards, Chris Visscher
  19. Well Mike, you are one of my Masters.
  20. Dear all, My name is Chris Visscher and I am the owner of S30.world. For the past 10 years, I have focused a significant part of my life on increasing the appreciation of the Datsun 240Z/Nissan Fairlady Z, which we all cherish. With my partner Gustav combined we did about a total of 60 restorations to date. I would like to thank everyone here for their feedback. We are removing the white 240Z with VIN HLS30-15662 from the masterpiece program. You are right, the underside of the car has been completely repainted, and that should not be the case. The press release states that it is factory correct. You are right, it should say: as close as possible to when they left the factory. I am the last person to admit that a complete factory-correct restoration is impossible. All I can say is that we did our very best and made special rubber mats (for the 1969 cars), special air ducts(for the 1969 cars), a fuel tank for each of the different years, the insulation mats under the paint on the bottom, behind the dashboard , etc.etc etc I myself have dismantled many cars that were produced from October 1969 to the end of 1970 and compared all the parts with other project cars. So I have done everything to gain experience. In addition, we have different first paint cars starting with #2xxx and #19xxx that we have used as examples. We will certainly have made mistakes, but I can tell you that we have done everything we can to do it as well as possible. I am proud of the result and I hope you are too! I'm also very proud about the team we put together from all over the world. JAPAN, USA, UK, SWISS, GERMANY, AUSTRALIA, HUNGARY. They are all giving there free time to get appriciation for the S30 to another level. S30.world - The platform . Please read about it. If you want to help us and the community and have further feedback on the cars or the website, please email it to chris@s30.world, I appriciate it very much! Thank you in advance for your help.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.