zKars

240Z Hazard switch differences

1 hour ago, dhp123166 said:

Right because reality is now whatever I believe it to be.

My wife, who is a psychologist, taught me that lesson over 35 years ago.  She told me that we each live in our own reality.  Keeping that in mind has helped me in dealing with many of the foolish things I've heard people say over the years.  Enjoy your reality, but realize everyone else has one, too.

Dennis

Edited by psdenno
    • Haha 1

I found a picture of the hazard switch in HLS30 -03798, a 5/70 car.

Double triangle.

image.png

I hazard to guess... I still think different manufacturers of the plastic stick part is a possibility

This is like the early hub caps and the two locations of the valve holes on spoke and between spokes.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:09 AM, dhp123166 said:

And...there is also that Datsun idiosyncrasie installing on vehicles items that should not be there; switches from other production runs, interior plastics etc...

I have already provided an explanation for any other version factory installed to not be rigid and inflexible.

Let me amend that statement also; after "Datsun idiosycrasie" should read "factory installation" instead of "installation."

If I am mistaken where are all the heavy hitters telling me I am so and providing incontrovertible evidence to support themselves?

Edited by dhp123166

2 hours ago, psdenno said:

My wife, who is a psychologist, taught me that lesson over 35 years ago.  She told me that we each live in our own reality.  Keeping that in mind has helped me in dealing with many of the foolish things I've heard people say over the years.  Enjoy your reality, but realize everyone else has one, too.

Dennis

Sure bro' that is just philosophy 101.

People say (and write) lots of stuff ( not my judgement to label as "foolish" or not) which may or may not be true.

If I have an opinion about it, it is where opinion has replaced factual evidence as de riguer.

For example, I cannot wrap my mind around the reality which some choose to live in where they believe that the earth is flat.

FYI, here is random sampling of switch type that can be seen on recent series one cars listed on BAT since May this year:

1970 #06206 (10/24/19 auction end date) "flash"

1970 #08542 (10/22/19 auction end date) "flash"

1971 #08233 (10/8/19 auction end date) "double triangles" (pic 59/195)

1970 #04213 (9/17/19 auction end date) "double triangles" (pic 103/204)

1970 #04504 (7/24/19 auction end date) "flash"

1971 #12069 (8/5/19 auction end date) "double triangles" (pic 45/98)

1970 #00512 (5/7/19 auction end date) "flash"

1970 #06157 (5/9/19 auction end date) "double triangles" (pic 69/215)

Edited by CanTechZ
    • Like 1

43 minutes ago, dhp123166 said:

Sure bro' that is just philosophy 101.

People say (and write) lots of stuff ( not my judgement to label as "foolish" or not) which may or may not be true.

If I have an opinion about it, it is where opinion has replaced factual evidence as de riguer.

For example, I cannot wrap my mind around the reality which some choose to live in where they believe that the earth is flat.

Careful "BRO" you're stepping on my reality.

Dennis

I just looked at a spare I have.

On the front  says

NILESJAPAN

TYPES

On the side it has 1617 <perhaps a date code?

It has FLASH and a narrow body with a short lead to a 6pin plug like this one from @kats

image.png

Edited by 240260280

2 hours ago, psdenno said:

Careful "BRO" you're stepping on my reality.

Dennis

Wow the earth  is flat?

Tell us more!

7 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Wait... The earth is a toroid?   :blink:

Actually, Earth is an oblate spheroid.  😎

Dennis

My other world is epitrochoid-shaped :)...and goes brap brap 😛

My understand has always been that early S30Z's had the "Flash" switch.

Then in 71-72 there was a change to the typical standard hazard symbol we see today in most cars (Double Triangle)

Then with 73 in the North American market there was the fiber optic style Green pull out button to match the light up heater facia panel.

In terms of wiring loom differences in length, I've no idea why this changed.

On 12/9/2019 at 10:52 PM, kats said:

Gavin , I will give you this switch “ test mule “ if you need .

Thank you Kats, but I don't think it will help me. I have a switch like it, with the inside plastic piece broken in 2. The switch itself is ok, but it won't "rock" up and down now as a result. Unless someone has plastic printed this part, which I would do if it was 1 piece but I'm not sure if it is missing any parts. I tried to keep what fell out when I pulled it apart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gav240z said:

Thank you Kats, but I don't think it will help me. I have a switch like it, with the inside plastic piece broken in 2. The switch itself is ok, but it won't "rock" up and down now as a result. Unless someone has plastic printed this part, which I would do if it was 1 piece but I'm not sure if it is missing any parts. I tried to keep what fell out when I pulled it apart.

That piece can be hand fabricated ( depending on your skills) out of Delrin plastic and a Dremel Mototool.

Delrin is dang near indestructible.

• Like 1