IGNORED

Are Burnouts an Appropriate Way for Mechanics to Road Test Cars?

718Miata

1 hour ago, 718Miata said:

Update: SZR refunded a substantial part of my bill because of my dissatisfaction. I’m glad they did the right thing. 

Too bad they took so long to do the right thing.  This thread is now in in-erasable internet history. Here come the crawlers!  Run!!!!

They should change their name like all good Crooked Companies do.

<meta name="keywords" content="SZR, SZRPRO, szrpro, szrpro.com, Houston, Fail, Problem, Avoid, Ripped Off, BBB, broke, damaged, datsun, nissan">
Edited by 240260280
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 6:54 AM, 718Miata said:

“No, he didn't admit that he did burnouts in your car, but burnouts in sports cars on private property in front of a performance shop aren't terribly uncommon.

It's an effective strain check on the drivetrain of the car, similar in applied force to a spirited acceleration on the road. Oil pressure goes up, fuel pressure goes up, engine, clutch, trans, driveshaft, diff, and axles are under load, and the rear suspension compresses. All of this without leaving the parking lot, endangering anyone, or breaking any laws.

Classic BS'ing.  Art...

Purely on the content that you posted.  I've known and met people like that.  His first words were a denial of something that he could not know, that the mechanic admitted doing burnouts.  Then a justification of the thing that he said was not admitted to.  I wouldn't trust that guy to work on anything of mine.  You can't believe his words.

Edited by Zed Head
wrong word

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:41 PM, Zed Head said:

Purely on the content that you posted.  I've known and met people like that.  His first words were a denial of something that he could not know, that the mechanic admitted doing burnouts.  Then a justification of the thing that he said was not admitted to.  I wouldn't trust that guy to work on anything of mine.  You can't believe his words.

Exactly.  And to take it a step further, this might sound a little cold hearted but I don't know why they gave you a partial refund.  You already made them famous so the damage is done.  No refund is going to take back this post.  They just learned a valuable lesson about the internet.  Once its out there, you cant get rid of it.