IGNORED

Restoration Unveiled Today 08.17.2019

Car54280ZX

On 4/4/2020 at 10:06 PM, Car54280ZX said:

This "glow" is what I think I am getting. I visited the website you recommended and it's been very helpful!!

image.png

The solid red is normal, this means you need to push the button to see what system needs attention. 

Hows the "Talking Lady" doing? "Ding, Left door is open", etc.

I wonder... on what is Bitching betty recorded and were can i find the box were it's in?  In the dash somewhere?  Is it a small recordplayer 😂  or what??

I know my commodore 64 had a voice called: "Sam reciter"  but that was is 1983 or around..   and if i may add..  it's a terrible voice hahaha..

An anthem is sung? at 2:40 min in this vid:  hahaha HORRIBLE!!

Also:

first voice sythesizer 1970!  wow.. (2;20 min. into this vid.)

2 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

I wonder... on what is Bitching betty recorded and were can i find the box were it's in?  In the dash somewhere?  Is it a small recordplayer 😂  or what??

I know my commodore 64 had a voice called: "Sam reciter"  but that was is 1983 or around..   and if i may add..  it's a terrible voice hahaha..

An anthem is sung? at 2:40 min in this vid:  hahaha HORRIBLE!!

Also:

first voice sythesizer 1970!  wow.. (2;20 min. into this vid.)

Its located in front of the spare tire well. 

I've got a couple of them in storage.

I had a Vic 20 and Commodore 64, I can still smell them. I dont remember the voice thing though. It sounds like The Office episode where Michael has the talking computer in his office.

Edited by DC871F

20 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Bitching Betty is what I've always heard. We flipped a ZX turbo and when we realized we weren't dead we started laughing, "ding, your lights are on. ding, your lights are on". Alcohol was a major factor that night. 

Wow! I figured it would be saying something like "Ding, your door is open and has departed the area".

Its fun now to talk about, maybe?

It was fun to talk about right after it happened. :beer: 

We were going around a sharp curve when the turbo spun up, the rear tires got off to the side in the grass then slid onto a cement driveway. Instant roll over. Busted some glass, beer cooler water and ice everywhere and we were laying on the roof (no seat belts back then, not cool). When the driver turned the ignition switch off fearing a possible fire Betty reminded us the lights were still on. I ran off and left my buddy with the ZX full of beer. We were in high school. 

• Like 1

Real Humor from eddy:

Song Lyrics:
My car talks, man. I got one of those 1982 Datsuns. You leave yo' lights on, the car say- *dooo* 'Lights are on'. It does. I take a girl out, I leave the lights on on purpose, you know? Get out the car, car say- *dooo* 'lights are on'. Girl say, "Did your car say somethin'?" I say, "Yeah, it did."

I bought it from my neighborhood though, got a different rhythm to it. You leave yo' lights on, car say- *dooo* ("black" voice) "Say, man, you lef' yo' lights on!' 'I said yo' lights is on, man! What the f**k- you blind and deaf? Turn off yo' ******' lights!" I got in the car the other day, turned the key, car say- *dooo* Hey, man! Somebody stole yo' battery! I say we go get the m**********r!"

©1982 Eddie Murphy
 (Stavro Arrgolus)

3 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Real Humor from eddy:

Song Lyrics:
My car talks, man. I got one of those 1982 Datsuns. You leave yo' lights on, the car say- *dooo* 'Lights are on'. It does. I take a girl out, I leave the lights on on purpose, you know? Get out the car, car say- *dooo* 'lights are on'. Girl say, "Did your car say somethin'?" I say, "Yeah, it did."

I bought it from my neighborhood though, got a different rhythm to it. You leave yo' lights on, car say- *dooo* ("black" voice) "Say, man, you lef' yo' lights on!' 'I said yo' lights is on, man! What the f**k- you blind and deaf? Turn off yo' ******' lights!" I got in the car the other day, turned the key, car say- *dooo* Hey, man! Somebody stole yo' battery! I say we go get the m**********r!"

©1982 Eddie Murphy
 (Stavro Arrgolus)

I have this Eddy Murphy tape, yes tape.