IGNORED

76 280Z

Zed Head

13 hours ago, Reptoid Overlords said:

Is that rebar welded to the side of the intake manifold?

Not seeing any rebar....

1 hour ago, Dave WM said:

looks like a homemade heat shield.

Agreed, what intrigues me is the black tubing running parallel to the valve cover, does a 90 degree bend downwards (by the hood latch) through a ???? then under the intake.....
I don't have a '76, but THAT is not stock, OEM or whatever you wanna call it.

ZH76.JPG

I know you aren't me, and I'm not you, but $5K is just too much for that non-EGR intake...

Edited by wal280z
edit in bold
  • Like 1

Looks like the bottom half of a floormat to me? 

There's some canister routing with that rod alongside the valve cover me thinks. Just guessing.

The top does look like a section of rebar cut out though. Never seen it stacked like that?

There's some heat shield around the injectors too.

Somebody buy it and answer our questions, please!

Edited by siteunseen

2 hours ago, wal280z said:

I know you aren't me, and I'm not you, but $5K is just too much for that non-EGR intake...

Curious as to how an EGR intake adds value to a car.  Not arguing, just wondering. 

That logic also says that a catalytic converter adds value.  And EFI.  Meaning carbs are bad, since all three of those are for cleaner emissions.

4 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Not seeing it.  Can you snap a picture and point it out?

Sorry for the delay.  I actually had to fumble around to figure out how to do this in Windows paint.  It's truly unbelievable how incompetent I am when it comes to operating simple software.  Now that I look at it, it does resemble a floor mat of some sort. 

ZH.JPG

• Like 1