IGNORED

Zcargarage Big Brake Kit

No proportioning valve needed. If you have a rear prop valve like me. It has to be gutted. From looks both front and rear calipers are identical. They have different cast numbers. So there must be a difference. 

Hopefully finalizing fronts and rears tomorrow. Then waiting on the e brake caliper and pads for the whole kit. 

16 hours ago, duffymahoney said:

No proportioning valve needed. If you have a rear prop valve like me. It has to be gutted. From looks both front and rear calipers are identical. They have different cast numbers. So there must be a difference. 

So if the brake system was engineered from the ground up for our cars then perhaps Stoptech has used constrictor valves in the rear calipers to reduce the flow to get the balance right for front to back pressure.  Can't see too many serious track guys liking that situation but maybe ZCG offers a different option for track cars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grannyknot said:

So if the brake system was engineered from the ground up for our cars then perhaps Stoptech has used constrictor valves in the rear calipers to reduce the flow to get the balance right for front to back pressure.  Can't see too many serious track guys liking that situation but maybe ZCG offers a different option for track cars.

I'd put money that they're off the shelf calipers, otherwise could you imagine the costs involved?

• Like 1

Well I’m assuming stop tech has massive amounts of resources (foundry, their own tooling etc in china..). I was told ground up design. But I would guess off the shelf calipers? Only thing that leads me to think they aren’t is the fact that I had to wait for a batch to come from overseas. Since there were no calipers in the US. 

The kit gets used on track cars. It requires the stock MC. I bet it’s a exact ratio of front to rear bias. Factoring in caliper size piston size, then pad size then mc pressure front and rear. You could always use a adjustable rear if you wanted.