IGNORED

New house, bigger Garage!

youztheclue

3 hours ago, charliekwin said:

Take a new tool out for each job because you can't find the one you just used. Leave it on the closest horizontal surface when you're done. Swear to be more organized and fail immediately.

And I thought I was the only one........

As far as improving on the garage, I would install as many LED shop lights as you can.

Edited by rcb280z
  • Like 2

Retractable air hose reel and electrical drops are great.  I have @Diseazd to thank for the pull down extension cords.  I'd never thought about one before he built a new garage and mentioned it.  My Dad gave me a retractable air hose reel for Christmas after he'd been given two the same year.  He "re-gifted" me, cheap arse. LOL

Oh yeah, Bob's got a good one with the LED.  They sale 4ft fluorescent bulbs now too if you have those fixtures already.

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

To clear up space I put a couple racks that hang from the ceiling. You can get them at Lowe’s. I put stuff that doesn’t need to used often up there. Floor space is premium and this helped.

IMG_8718.JPG

What about the concrete on the floor? I hear epoxy isn’t very resistant to fuel and oil. Anyone have any suggestions for a good mechanics floor?
I need to do mine but haven’t decided what is the best product to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

First of all, congrats on the new place and a dedicated space for the Z.  My advice is to get rid of anything you haven't used over the last 2-3 years (or needed to finish the Z).  Don't sell it, this will just take time and effort.  Give it away.  Once you have done this, you can focus on the Z and you'll have space to do it.  All that *stuff* isn't necessary, believe me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lights, shelves, retractable air hose and electrical reels from the ceiling, and over head storage. I'm thinking of doing the ceiling storage over the garage of one of the days and getting a maxjack on the other. First thing though is probably going to be a nice shed in the back yard for the extra space and storage.

Edited by youztheclue

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Costco has a very nice shelving system that can be extended as you grow.  Each unit was under $200 and I have nothing but good things to say about the quality.

https://www.costco.com/Whalen-Industrial-Rack%2c-77”W-x-24”D-x-72”H%2c-2-pack.product.100341995.html

Mike, I think that is the same made by Edsal  you can really customize using parts from homedepot.  I bought their beams and risers separately (96" high available)

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/search.html?q=edsal#!q=edsal

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Edsal-72-in-H-x-77-in-W-x-24-in-D-3-Wire-Shelf-Steel-Storage-Rack-in-Black-ERZ772472WL3/206848007

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Your car looks fantastic. How old is it, and is it still working? Well, about the garage, there are many companies on the internet like https://everlastgates.com/austin-texas-automatic-gate-repair-installation/ that can help you with this question. I can tell you one thing: you should redesign your garage because I am sure you have a bunch of stuff you don't need in your house or your garage. Good luck to you.