Jump to content

youztheclue

Members
  • Content Count

    32
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

5 Neutral

About youztheclue

  • Rank
    Registered User

Contact

  • Map Location
    ilinois
  • Occupation
    Mechanic

My Cars

  • Zcars Owned
    260z
  • About my Cars
    Oldie, but a goodie.

Recent Profile Visitors

1,811 profile views
  1. distributor has done its job, and my z is alive again!!! I am so happy. Yes I know it could have been done cheaper, maybe an extra feature or two, but the install took 30 mins and I was the cleanest I've ever been when working on my car. Granted its recently cleaned and rebuilt. The distributor came with a black cap which I really wanted for oe type look. The tune isn't good, the carbs aren't set and I'm just happy the thing runs.
  2. Woooo!!!! what the h happened? did it back fire so hard it blow your engine?
  3. Thank you guys for the resources. I knew about the gm hei and actually bought one, but decided to return it. I will defiantly keep that trick in my sleeve to pull out in the future if needed.
  4. The first paragraph will be a little bit of back story. I rebuilt my 260z mechanically this past 2-3 years, paycheck to paycheck, learning from my first project car. I have tried to do a sensible OEM+ type modifications. Last year I drove it 100 miles burned 2.5 qts of oil and decided to rebuild the engine. Fast forward i have redone the engine bay wiring harness while the engine was out. RELOCATED the ignition coil to the other side of the engine bay. i drove the car 50 miles after the rebuild then lifted it back on jack stands to do the suspension bushings and shocks. I also did a bit o
  5. I have decided to install a 123 on my 260z this thread has contributed to my decision, as I am highly curious of an upgrade potential: and adding complexity to the car doesn't deter me. My 280zx non-t dizzy upgrade was installed by PO many yrs ago with a reman unit, has failed. I would like to tune my engine with the app, and see the results. I will update when I can.
  6. I already have the engine back down to the block in 21/2 hrs. its really easy after doing it the first time.
  7. The bolt was snapped already and is the old bolt. I have a fresh one ready to replace it. I milled the head and all that. I just took everything apart. It could be the front cover gasket leaking? I'm not sure, the thing is it my first time with z's and having a project car like this.
  8. I rolled the dice and I lost the bet:(
  9. Okay sorry I need to clear the info up. 3 years ago bought 260z and spent 2 and half year in the garage fixing/correcting/maintenance of the car on a shoe string budget. I had a cruise for STL Z club it made the cruise 100 miles 2 qts oil used. this is a stark contrast to the ~40 miles its driven since I've owned it. Parked in garage and pulled everything off the block. Everything is back together after a couple months, with one thing i know for sure is bad. butttttttttt is it what is causing my oil/coolant mixing? Here's a little picture story, my z is in the back of
  10. I rebuilt the head on my 260z. I drove it 100 miles and burned 2 qts of oil. I parked it and started tearing everything apart. I found a snapped head stud in the middle of the block. I couldn't get the bolt out at all so with 13 others how bad can it be?https://youtu.be/Ib9RJ3x2_Rs Please whatever help you can give is tremendous because I don't want to redo what I just did and then also take the engine out and the pistons, rods, and bottom out to give the block to a machine shop. There is 1-2qt from the top of the coolant leaking into the oil only. Not the combustion chamber because the e
  11. I just put my engine back together and started the engine up. Also all the electrical components are working. So now that I know everything I have is working good I will start updating this with all the notes that I have. Also I will do the same on GitHub.
  12. The mostly OEM harness and the added on wires from: horn, HIDs, LEDs, dual electric fans.
  13. Update on the wiring. I have the whole front engine bay harness unwrapped. It's undone all the way to the firewall. I'm going to remove and add a couple wires, shorten some, replace others. A nice rewrap and the electrical will be good while I create the really nice loom on the bench.
  14. im striping my engine bay now and also trying to learn GitHub which is no easy task. tomorrow i will be stripping back the wiring loom to get and accurate readings.
  15. I just bit the bullet and took the head off the block gonna do a whole top end service and see if that fixes it.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.