conedodger

Found old Z pictures. I’ll start!

Found this picture of a street drag race from 1970.  Looks like it was at the University of Washington (Seattle).  Posted by Tom Doohan on Facebook.

50257017_2146309965407740_6376432834189459456_n.jpg

• Like 3

Found this snap shot of myself when I was in college (circa 1980) standing next to my very first 240Z #HLS30-59523. The car was repainted black from its original 115 Blue Metallic by the previous owner, the body shop manager of a Datsun Dealership. Had the car for about 3 years before I sold it. Not sure of the car's whereabouts today. 

Scan_Pic0055 (2).jpg

• Like 1

Here'a my contribution to the thread.

My 1973 green and tan, circa 1992 taken at the former Lowry Air Force Base in Colorado.

After I sold it in California in 1997, it made its way up to Canada.

image.png

• Like 1

Former Lowry AFB?  What is it now? I have very fond memories of Denver,  from my time at Lowrey -circa 1969. 

Carl B.

2 minutes ago, Carl Beck said:

Former Lowry AFB?  What is it now? I have very fond memories of Denver,  from my time at Lowrey -circa 1969. 

Carl B.

Lowry was a victim of a BRAC and closed in 1994.  The property was given back to city and it became a mixed use area of housing, light industrial, shopping and dining.

The old hanger area became a beer garden!

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

“.. a B52 can come in so low and so fast they will burn chickens in the barnyard..”  (Dr. Strangelove)
God I love the Buff’s.. Great to see they left one there..

15 minutes ago, Fred Sigarto said:

I was stationed at Lowry AFB 1968, studied weapons systems on F100, F105,, F111, and F4 c,d & e aircraft . 

Studied SAC Logistics - SAC was updating and automating their entire supply chain. We all loved Denver. Returned there for the 1996 ZCCA Convention hosted by the Z Car Club of Colorado - great group of Z enthusiasts.  Didn't realize the base was shut down.. real shame, Denver is a beautiful place.

• Like 1

A trip down Memory Lane.  I attended an aircraft safety school course at Lowry about 1976.  Spent a little time around B52s as an aircraft maintenance officer at March AFB in California and K.I. Sawyer in the UP of Michigan.  

Hard to believe the B52 has been around since 1955 and the planes are now older than the people flying in them.  Thanks for the time trip!

Dennis

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Haha!!!  LOL 

I'm not posting any pics of me from 1980.

Ah come on Private Obvious. Or is that something different for boat captains or commercial icons? LOL

• Like 1

My 4th Z a 1980 (pic taken in 89) which I didn’t keep long after adding headers, complete Ansa exhaust and doing all that body work lol. 

E5D454A4-2C57-4FC2-BDD4-9DE7DEE0D66E.jpeg

Edited by wil84911
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 6:47 AM, Carl Beck said:

Studied SAC Logistics - SAC was updating and automating their entire supply chain. We all loved Denver. Returned there for the 1996 ZCCA Convention hosted by the Z Car Club of Colorado - great group of Z enthusiasts.  Didn't realize the base was shut down.. real shame, Denver is a beautiful place.

Question, taxing your memory... When you went to ZCCA convention in CO was there a guy named Larry Hutfulls (probably misspelled) in the CO club? There used to be vintage cars races on the streets of Steamboat Springs and a concourse show over Labor Day weekend that my wife and I would go to from 91 through 2000 (last year they were held in Steamboat). In 91 or 92 there was a very nice 240Z in the show and I talked to the guy and he mentioned the Z car club in Denver and I thought that's what he said his name was. The car was like a dark purple, very nicely done.