IGNORED

Found old Z pictures. I’ll start!

conedodger

2 minutes ago, Carl Beck said:

Former Lowry AFB?  What is it now? I have very fond memories of Denver,  from my time at Lowrey -circa 1969. 

Carl B.

Lowry was a victim of a BRAC and closed in 1994.  The property was given back to city and it became a mixed use area of housing, light industrial, shopping and dining.

The old hanger area became a beer garden!

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fred Sigarto said:

I was stationed at Lowry AFB 1968, studied weapons systems on F100, F105,, F111, and F4 c,d & e aircraft . 

Studied SAC Logistics - SAC was updating and automating their entire supply chain. We all loved Denver. Returned there for the 1996 ZCCA Convention hosted by the Z Car Club of Colorado - great group of Z enthusiasts.  Didn't realize the base was shut down.. real shame, Denver is a beautiful place.

• Like 1

A trip down Memory Lane.  I attended an aircraft safety school course at Lowry about 1976.  Spent a little time around B52s as an aircraft maintenance officer at March AFB in California and K.I. Sawyer in the UP of Michigan.  

Hard to believe the B52 has been around since 1955 and the planes are now older than the people flying in them.  Thanks for the time trip!

Dennis

• Like 2