IGNORED

front suspension and tire clearance problem

newbzee

Is that the flattest surface you can find?  Your level is sitting on a plant.  The ground looks gravelly.   Looks like a fair idea but execution is iffy.

A carpenter's square would get you closer.

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

I'll use a carpenters square.  Its actually concrete and if you look at the top bubble its pretty level.  If you look at the area were the tube inserts, its seems consistent with the level and then just at the collar it seems to bend to the right.  I'll give it another go.

I understand what your saying but I really think with the experience of those helping tearing in even deeper isn't something I'm interested in just yet.  There is definitely an issue with the one side and I feel  pretty confident the other side is correct based on crude camber measurements and overall clearance.  I think as suggested we are down to a fix group of culprits.  If I need to tear the other side apart I will but I would need some specific comparisons that can't be obtained while it's together to do so.

• Like 1

You've done it right and even if there is a little wiggle as it sits on that block, I think you can still see that the strut tube is no longer at a 90 degree angle to it's base.  

I have installation instruction photos on our website that show the relationship of the strut tube to the milled bottom surface of the hub where it bolts to the steering arm and ball joint - it's perpendicular in every case for the front strut assemblies.

You can't do this same thing with the rear strut tube, but it's angle of inclination in relation to the mounting surface of the wheel is measurable and verifiable as well. 

Edited by cgsheen1