IGNORED

SS Bumpers from Vietnam

9 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

Most excellent work! If you are not going to run a front license plate, consider painting the two license brackets either flat or satin black to avoid the "Ollie The Dragon" look. Been there, done that.

Tell me you remember who Ollie was. 😉

I use the brackets for a GoPro mount

• Like 1

Ollie might be before my time. I went to High School in the 80’s.
Good idea the paint them Black or I could remove them. My state doesn’t have a front license plate law.
The go pro mount is a pretty good idea too .
The Skillard brackets give a lot of adjustability (3 axis) and are well made. The hardware is plated and I’d prefer SS, that’s my only knock on them. They’re not cheap either, $205 shipped.
I’m still waiting on my Xenon 3125 vented air dam. Bought directly from them because everyone else was sold out. That was three weeks ago and still no sign of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lookin good, same colour combo as my car.  [emoji846]

I really like this color, mine was resprayed at some point on its life but it’s the original color . If you look around today it’s popular again. Reddish/Orange. It’s not a true red as you know. The only color I might like as much is the green but it’s a close call. The Safari Yellow the 240z came is a great one too. My paint is a 20 footer. The body has several dings needs to be done again sometime but for now it’s just fine for me. I fear when I paint the Xenon air dam there might be a noticeable difference in color, and leaving black won’t look right either. First world problems

13 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

I really like this color, mine was resprayed at some point on its life but it’s the original color . If you look around today it’s popular again. Reddish/Orange. It’s not a true red as you know. The only color I might like as much is the green but it’s a close call. The Safari Yellow the 240z came is a great one too. My paint is a 20 footer. The body has several dings needs to be done again sometime but for now it’s just fine for me. I fear when I paint the Xenon air dam there might be a noticeable difference in color, and leaving black won’t look right either. First world problems

I had my Xenon air dam painted when I had my car painted, and it turned out really good.  I also had my old lower valance that I took off repaired and painted at the same time, this will allow me to go back to the original front down the road if I felt like it.

260zFront.jpeg

• Like 3

I can't tell you about warranty, but I've had the Harrington bumpers on my 260Z for around 7 years now. I would suggest going without the rubber strips. I had to fab the front brackets myself for the 260Z, but the rear brackets came from Datsun Spirit. I had to slot them a little for the 260Z.

I echo Steve’s comment on living dangerously without rubbers! My Harrington rubber corners died all too quickly!

Having said that, Harrington were very quick to respond and replace them. But if I did it again I would definitely go without the rubber corners.

17 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

Finally got my Bumpers in yesterday. These came from Automobile Bumper in Vietnam. I made a video of the unboxing and install and will post later. I used the Skillard brackets and I want to thank EuroDat for his advice, he spent a lot of time via messaging to help me out. Since I may go with a Skillard grill in the future (that’s if my current plan to use extra lower Z grills to fill the lower gap doesn’t work), I chose not to buy his brackets. He’s will not work with the Skillard grill.

So I’m super happy with the fit and quality of these bumpers. You really can’t ask for a better fit on a 45+ year old car and aftermarket bumpers. Here are the before and after pics. Standby for the video another day. 

46865b60b6fc04f4f3d862cd4cd19834.jpg

Looks neat and clean so far. Nice work. The red you see on the 280Z indicator mounts will be covered when you fit the indicators and their shrouds. It will look neat and tidy when it is finished💥.

Just repeating some of what we messaged for the benifit of other members:

The 280Z has a larger air gap between the bumpers and lower valance for the larger radiator. If you can fabricate two extra bars in the bottom grill, it will fill the gap nicely. Or the Skillard 280Z grill. Be aware when ordering because they make the 280Z grill with 12 horizontal bars and 10 horizontal bars. The 12 bar version does not require the original lower two bar grill, but the 10 bar version does. I would suggest the 12 bar version and avoid any mis match issues.

My bumper and grill brackets will only work with the Skillard 240Z grill.

• Like 1

SteveJ: yep, can’t seem to recall that show. I was a nerd in some regards. I watched the SuperFriends on weekends and during the week I loved Star Trek, Brady Bunch, Happy Days and Lost in Space. TV is so different for my kids.

AK260: Automobile Bumper had the rubber option. I think they just drill the holes, they don’t provide the actually rubber from my understanding. I prefer the cleaner look.

EuroDat: Thanks again. All your advice made this much easier. So, I have one extra lower grill and will grab two more next week at one of my (secret) yards that has (4) 280z sitting mostly unstripped. Good old boy redneck yard tucked deep in the woods in the south. The place is also infested with snakes and red ants. I feel like Indian Jones when I go there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1