IGNORED

SS Bumpers from Vietnam

On 5/19/2021 at 6:01 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

Yes.. but there is stainless and there is stainless...  In some conditions i have seen stainless that was rusty..

It all comes back to the word: Quality..  And i don't know but lately that is what is failing a lot of times..

Well actually in stainless it comes down to alloys. 400 series will rust like crazy but is designated as stainless. 304 and 316 less so. As I tell my customers. "It's stain LESS not stain proof". 🙂 

I have had bumpers from Harrington on my daily driven 240 that spends a good deal of time outside for years and I have zero complaints. No rust and they shine up nicely. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey, I’m looking to buy a set of 240z bumpers for my 280z.  Reading this thread there are several places to buy these,   I emailed Harrington last night and they responded but said the bumper only fit Japanese and European models.  My assumption is because the US version require the special brackets otherwise they should fit fine.  
Also what is the general consensus as to the best place to buy.  

Harrington - $990 shipped

Whitehead - $995 shipped

Datsun Garage  - $699 + shipping tbd 

Bumperautomobile  - awaiting quote

Zcardepot  - $459 for front only + shipping (rear not available)

3 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

Hey, I’m looking to buy a set of 240z bumpers for my 280z.  Reading this thread there are several places to buy these,   I emailed Harrington last night and they responded but said the bumper only fit Japanese and European models.  My assumption is because the US version require the special brackets otherwise they should fit fine.  

Whitehead - $995 shipped

I think for a US spec 280 the 5mph bumper shocks need to be removed, brackets sourced ( there are aftermarket adapters available) or fabricated, and the rear bumper adjusted so it doesn’t ride the quarter panel ( the 280 doesn’t have the relief for the bumper).

• Like 2

Copy all on the required brackets.  
Still there seems to be many vendors and resellers out there.  Just trying to gauge where the most reputable place to get them.  My concern about the Vietnam option is what to do if I have a problem.  Hard to hold anyone accountable vs if I bought at a US vendor.   Prices on everything is soaring (inflation is upon us).  I just emailed vintage dashboard and they’ve raised their price from $800 to  $925 and the rep specifically said they’re costs are going up and they have to raise prices and they’re going up again very soon.   All this stimulus is hurting our dollar buying power so I’m getting my stuff I know I’ll need for the car now.  

I can't tell you about warranty, but I've had the Harrington bumpers on my 260Z for around 7 years now. I would suggest going without the rubber strips. I had to fab the front brackets myself for the 260Z, but the rear brackets came from Datsun Spirit. I had to slot them a little for the 260Z.

19 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

Whitehead - $995 shipped

Or originals from... eh.. me?  haha just kidding the postal costs are more than the bumpers ..

But you could ask @EuroDat for a set of bumper brackets, i know he makes them and sold some before.

Thanks, I’ll reach out to EuroDat about the brackets,  

I just got a response form Bumper Automobile and the was $470 for the Stainless Steel bumpers.  I just need to send them my address to determine shipping,   240zBUILTBYME, yours looks great.  While I like the idea of stainless because I live 4 rows back from the Atlantic Ocean.  Where I live plastic rusts.   The car is garaged and is climate controlled but still over time nature wins.  
Does anyone know what the group code is for Harrington’s?  I just want to compare prices shipped after the code since I don’t know what Bumper Automobile’s shipping cost to the east coast of the US.  

• 1 month later...