IGNORED

240Z D hubcaps ... reproduction?

JSM

48 minutes ago, nix240z said:

He just revised the description to reproductions just now and lowered the starting bid to $200... I bet people who paid $1000 are pissed and either let ebay know or let him know.

I looked at the page and saw the notes about being reproductions. Are you guys saying that's not what it said when he first relisted them?

It's pretty clear to me that he's aware of the discussion here and is watching the site. He cut the gloss after we talked about it earlier (and it's still wrong), and he changed the verbiage to include notes about them being repros after you guys went off again.

At this point, if he's clearly advertising that they are repros and not OEM or NOS, then I can't complain about the current auction. I can only complain as proxy for the people whom he has already ripped off before we called him on it. I wonder if he's contacted past customers and offered them a refund.

I know if I dropped a grand on these after finding out they were misrepresented as being recently discovered New Old Stock, only to find out that they were not NOS at all... I would be Pissedd with a capitol "P". I know I'd be all over eBay's fraud department if I had bought a set.

The internet is a scary place.  I was on my phone and Google showed the last three searches that I had done on my desk top computer.  The only connection is my email account which is Hotmail.  It's all connected man, and anybody can figure out almost anything about someone else.

https://www.mapquest.com/us/california/frank-monise-motors-279360705

Just to clarify, I did not do much to find Mr. Monise's shop.  Just plugged "240Z montclair ca" in to Google.  Then looked at the results on the first page.  Montclair, 909, and Lotus all showed up in one result.  As they do in the eBay ads.

This is why we have car clubs...

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=Ke6pWov_E47WjwOv1ZSoBA&q=240z+montclair+ca&oq=240z+montclair+ca&gs_l=psy-ab.3...1803.7897.0.8153.21.19.2.0.0.0.153.1324.16j3.19.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.20.1248...0j0i131k1j0i22i30k1j33i160k1j33i21k1.0.ltolbSJ4bF0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-69-70-240Z-D-HUBCAPS-1st-Generation/123021432102?epid=17015123575&hash=item1ca4a61526:g:ogoAAOSwBU1aihik&vxp=mtr&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

image.png

11 hours ago, Zed Head said:

The internet is a scary place.  I was on my phone and Google showed the last three searches that I had done on my desk top computer.  The only connection is my email account which is Hotmail.  It's all connected man, and anybody can figure out almost anything about someone else.

https://www.mapquest.com/us/california/frank-monise-motors-279360705

Google automatically pairs the two when you're logged on both devices.  I learned that searching crap on the laptop at work, went straight to the owner's phone. :D

It was all car stuff thankfully.  I searched for "how long will a body take to burn up in a bar bq pit" on my home computer.  His wife asked me about it. LOL

All I had to do was sign out of google on the laptop.  Here's a read explaining it all.  https://www.geekwire.com/2012/google-feature-shows-pc-searches-mobile-phone/

I think all Android phones have a G-mail account you sign into to get started?

Oh how I hate the internet though.  I spend all my time closing little video windows, like they don't want us to read anymore.  The news crawler on television was the beginning of hell for me.

I have been in contact with the seller and he said he truly  did not know that they where reproduction when he was selling the hubcaps and was thankful that it was brought to his attention by people contacting him.

I don't have a problem with reproductions . 

17 minutes ago, nix240z said:

I have been in contact with the seller and he said he truly  did not know that they where reproduction when he was selling the hubcaps and was thankful that it was brought to his attention by people contacting him.

I don't have a problem with reproductions . 

Glad that reproductions are now a thing!

2 hours ago, nix240z said:

And that's why later ads had the black center spokes painted over grey closer to original rather than the black as first shown on eBay and CL?  Sorry, not buying his new sincerity.  Did he happen to say anything about refunding his customers?

Dennis

• Like 2