IGNORED

240Z D hubcaps ... reproduction?

JSM

18 hours ago, nix240z said:

Wording is getting out about these being reproductions...

item description : 

Up for auction at a ridiculous opening price so no one will bid are low quality reproduction hubcaps that someone is apparently having reproduced and passing off as nos. Easily recognizable by the semi gloss paint which is wrong and bogus ink stamps on the backside. Beware and don't get ripped off.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253481930866

Love it. The only thing better than that is if he would have used his pics and then posted the pics with the stamping count. 

I believe you can see a blurry reflection of the perp in some of the ebay auction photos. It might be my imagination, but I might also see the front end of a white Z reflected in there as well.  Haha!! Amateur detective mode off!    LOL

Yet another application for the Esper photo analysis machine that Blue was supposed to build.

I also saw them on the New York craigslist yesterday or the day before as well. However, I just looked a second ago, and couldn't find them anymore. I'm thinking someone flagged them and the ads were pulled.

The worst now is that we told him they are fakes. And he even acknowledged on ebay that they are fakes after we cornered him:

"I took a vacation trip to Asia countries. I found a few set. I kept 1 set for my car. Tell you the true. I did not know they are reproduction or restored, they look brand new to me."

So now he clearly knows!   But despite that fact,  he is still peddling them in other places as NOS. It's deceitful.

• Like 1

Although the hubcap seller has a very good positive rating on ebay, when you look at the individual positive rating scores they're based on ratings from people he bought from, not sold to.  Very few sales, many many purchases.  I wonder what he's going to do with a warehouse full of poorly reproduced early Datsun hubcaps now that the word is out.

Dennis