IGNORED

Bringing a 1977 Z back life

Av8ferg

So in preparation of this trip and I installed an external transmission cooler on my 4runner and then I downloaded an app called OBD Fusion and bought an ODB2 reader and seems to be working great.  I was worried about my transmission temperature because my load is just at my limit of 5000 pounds.  Check out my readings.  

B02128A8-7F51-4AD7-A815-A1FDAE5CE327.png

• Like 1

Probably averaging 15.5. That’s an instant snap shot.
These 4runners are bullet proof. In my humble opinion the best SUV on the market. I’ve had it 10 yrs and have only changed the battery and normal servicing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand! Our Family Truckster is a first gen Highlander. It's almost at 250K and, while it hasn't been bulletproof, we've certainly got more than our money's worth out of it. Way more.

I'll be working on it later today... Exhaust rusted into two pieces. The real solution is to buy a new pipe for $1300. Of course, me being the cheapskate I am, I am hoping to do something a little easier on the wallet. I bought an aftermarket piece for $60 and have cut it apart. The plan is to weld the new end to the original part and get out of this for way less than $1300.

Undercar welding. My favorite.   :facepalm:

That’s funny one of my roommates in my crash pad had his F150 truck shipped from Anchorage Alaska to Memphis and the company paid for it because it was part of the moving allowance. It was stuffed in the back of an MD-11. I’m not so lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk