IGNORED

[2018] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Me too and love it.  75MPH turns about 2,200RPM on the interstate with the R180 diff.

Did you guys run into any problems with the OE 240 shift rod?  Mine hit the tunnel cut out and wouldn't stay in 5th or reverse.  I ground some off the nose end and all is good now.

I'm thinking I've already told this but my mind seems to be getting fuzzier and fuzzier. :wacko:

DSC01434.JPG

2 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

It seems to go into gear fine but it hits the 71 console and pushing it forward in 5th noticeable.  It stays in gear with the engine not running so we will see. I may need to do more console trimming. I really want to keep using my 71 console as its original.  

Forgot yours is a 71. That is a problem with late gearbox. May have to modify a shifter. I think many have done it that way.

Mine would pop out of reverse as soon as the clutch released but if I kept pressure on it all was good backing out of the driveway. I could shift to 5th at about 4,000rpm and when it got down to less than 3 or 2,500 it would pop out. Drove my nuts until I pulled the shift rod and saw the strike marks front and back. Ground some material off once or twice then it was good to go.

Hopefully you'll be fine, no problems.