w3wilkes

FYI - 240Z Dashboards

@theguppies Don't forget about us Canadian customers too! DHL Express Shipping is a great cross border carrier. UPS and FedEx are terrible for brokerage fees etc.

I too am slowly convincing the wife that the new dash is a must for our half done restoration. I am on track to order the 280Z version before the end of this year!

• Like 1

Just my luck that this new parts offering comes along after I'd finished restoring my 70 Z's dashcap.   :( .  I hope it all comes about.  The Just Dashes route is just too pricey for many Z restorers (esp. those of us who live north of the US border).

To help those of you who may be considering this new dash-restore option, here's a pixcture that another member posted several years ago of the bare frame ((sorry - I don't have a record of who the poster was, so can't give credit)...S30 Dash - Armature 4.JPG

S30 Dash - Armature 5.JPG

And here are a couple of close-ups of the texture of the OE vinyl covering.  It's a version of what's known in the trade as 'haircell'.  These are photos of the dash from my 70 Z (as confirmed by the surface crack that's visible in the first photo LOL )...

102_1417.JPG

102_1405.JPG

• Thanks 1

Great shot of the bare frame! I think I will strip mine to that and paint it pretty for posterity before adding the new dash.

...Look at me; already talking like I have one ordered!

Are we still in pre-order or has a member installed this dash? I would love to get some photos and feedback. I have a couple of dashes in the attic with minor single crack and am considering installing one for a future needs spare.

JLP

Just dashes is to far off arround the Gauges and they dont accept any imputs to improove the Product. Therefore way to expensive/no option.

3 hours ago, munters said:

Just dashes is to far off arround the Gauges and they dont accept any imputs to improove the Product. Therefore way to expensive/no option.

Can you post some pics so the members can see what you are talking about. Especially for those that are close to sending they're dash in to said name above.

Cohttps://www.facebook.com/groups/386021341481608/permalink/1533611720055892/?sale_post_id=1533611720055892&comment_id=1534205696663161&reply_comment_id=1534500946633636&notif_id=1513832246361651&notif_t=group_comment

Could someone post some close ups of the grain etc.... on this replacement cover for the dash. I am interested, just need some member feedback. 

Right their with you JLPurcell.

I'm wanting to buy but I'd like to see the texture myself before placing the order.  maybe can show us next to the gauges I'd like to see how well the lines go around the gauges.  Also are we getting replicated rivets for the VIN number, or does anyone know ware to get ones that match the original rivets.

8 hours ago, rcb280z said:

Can you post some pics so the members can see what you are talking about. Especially for those that are close to sending they're dash in to said name above.

Here the Justdashes pictures look at your dash. OEM the small gauge area is more pronounced at the back  and less high/round in the front

image.png

image.png

Edited by munters

On 12/24/2017 at 2:35 PM, psdenno said:

Any word on the material it's made of, thickness, UV resistance, how it looks after a summer in the sun?

Or after a winter storage in zero-degree, zero-humidity weather.  So far, as others have said, it looks like a great alternative to the current solutions.

Do you have any pictures of the dash before it is assembled onto the frame? Basically as it ships to the customer.

@theguppies

The last photo shows a glove box door in the opening. Is the glove box door included to give continuity to all of the visible  exterior surfaces?

The original glove box door was in two halves--an inner and an outer. Does the purchaser provide the inner glove box door and you provide the outer?

Glove box door is not included with the dash. It is 2 halves but I’m not able to replicate the door yet. I’m currently searching for another manufacture to make them. 

18 hours ago, theguppies said:

Glove box door is not included with the dash. It is 2 halves but I’m not able to replicate the door yet. I’m currently searching for another manufacture to make them. 

If your dash matches close enough in texture then a stock glove box door could probably be made to work. The interior half of the glove box door would be really nice though because the hinges tend to fail over time

22 hours ago, theguppies said:

I’m not able to replicate the door yet. I’m currently searching for another manufacture to make them. 

So you can make a four foot long complicated dashboard, but you can't make a ten inch long simple glove box door?   What am I missing?    :blink:

Shhhhh.... keep him focused on making affordable dashes! I can wait for a glovebox longer than a dash...!

• Haha 1

Agreed, I didn't know it was that hard to get a glove box door.  I have 6 and 4 are NOS.  I can't tell you how many I left on junk cars.  Also different process for the door.  The only thing similar to the dash in the car is the interior door handle. 

Has any one ordered and received one of these dashes?

if so whats your opinion

thanks.