w3wilkes

FYI - 240Z Dashboards

26 minutes ago, JSM said:

Just in case you don't facebook.

DASH.JPG

Glad to see someone is coming out with this.   I don't do Facebook, and the pictures are not close enough to tell.  Which year are these modeled after?

Marty

So they don't come with a frame? Do you have to supply one or do you mate them up after they ship you a dash?

4 hours ago, Marty Rogan said:

Glad to see someone is coming out with this.   I don't do Facebook, and the pictures are not close enough to tell.  Which year are these modeled after?

Marty

I see an indent for the 'On/Off' indicator next to the hazard switch, so I'd say it's the later style.

I asked the guy if they also had a series 1 dash and he said they should have a series 1 sample ready in the next week or 2. I also asked if he'd post over here since he posted in a closed facebook group that JSM pulled the post over so you all could see.

Edited by w3wilkes

18 hours ago, Dave WM said:

I hope they plan to do 280z as well.

I agree.   Less than half the cost of getting a dash restored.

Thanks @w3wilkes for posting this up.

I'm Hung Vu and it has been a while since I last visited this forum. Currently, I'm working on the website and hoping to have it out shortly. For the meantime, communication will done via, Facebook, Instagram (@vintagedashes), and email vintagedashes@gmail.com

Feel free to ask any questions you have or send me an email. I will respond back in timely fashion.

IMG_4370.JPG

IMG_4371.JPG

IMG_4373.JPG

IMG_4376.JPG

IMG_4377.JPG

IMG_4378.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ray_madera said:

I need a website or address to get one for a 1971. Ray

Ray,  post 2 4 & 9  have the contact information for purchase.

I believe I read somewhere that the dash pad will have built in nut plates to screw in your OEM metal frame. Best way to do it in my opinion. 

• Like 1

With the exchange rate, this will be a big hit to the wallet, but wow.... sure looks nice.
    +1 on the 280 version

• Like 1

Voicing my *serious* interest in a 280Z version as well. I spent days refurbishing mine and it looks ... okay ..., but I'm not sure it's going to last. Would love to buy a new one. 

• Like 1

Any word on the material it's made of, thickness, UV resistance, how it looks after a summer in the sun?  Sure looks nice fresh out of the box. 

Dennis

29 minutes ago, psdenno said:

Any word on the material it's made of, thickness, UV resistance, how it looks after a summer in the sun?  Sure looks nice fresh out of the box. 

Dennis

Those are good points.  Don't leave out volatiles, which can dirty up windows pretty quickly.  Hate to be negative but there are many ways to go wrong.  Finding a material to make the shape isn't too hard, finding one that meets the demands of use is more work.

An installed dash after a test run in Las Vegas summer would answer some questions.

Pretty sure that there's a setting in Facebook that opens viewing to the public.  Then we could all see it without logging in .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Those are good points.  Don't leave out volatiles, which can dirty up windows pretty quickly.  Hate to be negative but there are many ways to go wrong.  Finding a material to make the shape isn't too hard, finding one that meets the demands of use is more work.

An installed dash after a test run in Las Vegas summer would answer some questions.

Pretty sure that there's a setting in Facebook that opens viewing to the public.  Then we could all see it without logging in .

Lots of questions.  It could be a fiberglass shell sprayed with texture material or it could be a flimsy foam form covered with a hard plastic exterior or it could be constructed just like the original factory item and be wonderful.  The "Summer in the Sun" test will be crucial.  It does look good as pictured and I hope the quality matches.

Dennis

Dash caps look terrible in my opinion. As soon as I see one I am disappointed in the car and suspect of anything else that has been done to it. It’s just a half step in my opinion. New dash, restored dash or original dash. A cap just looks fake to me.
    Sorry if I offend anyone that has one, but I just can’t get past the look....

• Like 1