FYI - 240Z Dashboards - Page 5 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

FYI - 240Z Dashboards

Featured Replies

@theguppies Don't forget about us Canadian customers too! DHL Express Shipping is a great cross border carrier. UPS and FedEx are terrible for brokerage fees etc.

I too am slowly convincing the wife that the new dash is a must for our half done restoration. I am on track to order the 280Z version before the end of this year!

10 hours ago, wheee! said:

@theguppies Don't forget about us Canadian customers too! DHL Express Shipping is a great cross border carrier. UPS and FedEx are terrible for brokerage fees etc.

Absolutely!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Just my luck that this new parts offering comes along after I'd finished restoring my 70 Z's dashcap.   :( .  I hope it all comes about.  The Just Dashes route is just too pricey for many Z restorers (esp. those of us who live north of the US border).

To help those of you who may be considering this new dash-restore option, here's a pixcture that another member posted several years ago of the bare frame ((sorry - I don't have a record of who the poster was, so can't give credit)...S30 Dash - Armature 4.JPG

S30 Dash - Armature 5.JPG

 

And here are a couple of close-ups of the texture of the OE vinyl covering.  It's a version of what's known in the trade as 'haircell'.  These are photos of the dash from my 70 Z (as confirmed by the surface crack that's visible in the first photo LOL )...

102_1417.JPG

102_1405.JPG

 

Great shot of the bare frame! I think I will strip mine to that and paint it pretty for posterity before adding the new dash.

...Look at me; already talking like I have one ordered!

Are we still in pre-order or has a member installed this dash? I would love to get some photos and feedback. I have a couple of dashes in the attic with minor single crack and am considering installing one for a future needs spare.

JLP

Just dashes is to far off arround the Gauges and they dont accept any imputs to improove the Product. Therefore way to expensive/no option.

7 hours ago, Namerow said:

The Just Dashes route is just too pricey for many Z restorers

I'm glad i'm not the only one feeling this way.

 

 

3 hours ago, munters said:

Just dashes is to far off arround the Gauges and they dont accept any imputs to improove the Product. Therefore way to expensive/no option.

Can you post some pics so the members can see what you are talking about. Especially for those that are close to sending they're dash in to said name above.

Cohttps://www.facebook.com/groups/386021341481608/permalink/1533611720055892/?sale_post_id=1533611720055892&comment_id=1534205696663161&reply_comment_id=1534500946633636&notif_id=1513832246361651&notif_t=group_comment

Could someone post some close ups of the grain etc.... on this replacement cover for the dash. I am interested, just need some member feedback. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.