IGNORED

Jai's Status

Mike

If I have time after getting RedBird back with only 2 - 3 days before the Black Bear Festival, I thought I would try to put some white lettering and black dye on my front carpets.  Anyone have suggestions for products I can get locally in my small town?   Or difficulty in this effort?  

Thanks,

Jai

Making a big announcement!!!

Quality parts should NOT BE TRUSTED!  For one thing they said the bumper from them, that Rex at the body shop had agreed to buy and sent them a check last Tues, was supposed to be in PERFECT CONDITION.  Now they called me today and said there are 3 dents in it, AND by the way... it is still sitting there, sniff... they whined, the carrier had not picked it up yet!  What???  Well why not???  No follow through?   Livid I was!   Now they are saying it will be Fri before it arrives here.  Grrrr!  That leaves me no time at all to do the few things I had planned with RedBird.

Tomorrow I'm  telling Quality that I have written this, and because of their dropping the ball, I think they should overnight it.  It is not my, or the body shops fault, that this has happened!  Only their ineptness!   I'm  thinking that the over 30,000 folks on CZCC will be very interested in what has happened to me.  

I do not want to take her to the Black Bear Festival Saturday with no bumper, or a 240 one.  I wish to keep her as original 1976 as possible.  There is a maybe option with "thumpgun" and those parting cars he is involved with.  They are just over an hour from me, but I have no way of transportation to go get one if they have it.

This truly has made me upset and sad.  If anyone has an idea I would love to hear it.

Sending photos of the bumper Quality is sending.

Jai

Bumper 3.JPG

Bumper 2.JPG

Bumper 1.JPG

At this point I do not know what is going to happen.  The one from Quality is guaranteed.  If it is no good, no way will it go on RedBird, the body shop will send it back.  

If I cannot find one locally in the next 2 days I'm afraid we won't be going to the Black Bear Festival.  What a shame!  I wouldn't want her to be shown incomplete.  I just don't know what to do.  I'm very upset at Quality!!!

Jai

UPDATE...

I spoke with the owner of the mass of Z cars and parts in Cleveland, Tn. that "thumpgun" has been involved with.  IF a great condition bumper is among them, and they will send photos of it to Rex at the body shop, Rex will send a worker there to pick it up.  This is really big!  The owner is attempting to get this information now.  He can't  do it himself,  as he is in FL and won't be back to Cleveland until tomorrow.   But he will let me know asap.  

Second choice is that if I have to accept the dented one from Quality, Rex said he can have it repaired AND re-chromed!  I can get it on for the car show, and return it for those repairs afterward.

Light at the end of the tunnel.

I'll  keep you posted.  Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers!

Jai

• Like 1

A bumper off one of the cars in Cleveland is not happening.  The owner has said he is not interested in selling any parts, wanting to keep them all to make as many complete Z's as possible out of them.

Back to square 1, waiting to see what the bumper from Quality looks like when it gets here Friday.  Rex has said if it is not perfect that I can have them put it on anyway, go to the car show, and back to have it taken off and repaired/re-chromed after that.  I think this is the best compromise I can come up with.  I have gone nuts trying to locate others.

I have run out of other options.  Anyone have any?

I think the latest option is probably the most realistic. Any discount available for the less than perfect bumper and will the insurance cover the extra expense of repair and re-chrome? Good luck at the show this weekend.

Question for the knowledgeable. Are the bumper guards from a 77 compatible (current wrecked bumper) with the bumper guards on an early 76 (replacement bumper)? It would be nice to be able to select the best looking ones from either bumper.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Maras said:

I think the latest option is probably the most realistic. Any discount available for the less than perfect bumper and will the insurance cover the extra expense of repair and re-chrome? Good luck at the show this weekend.

Question for the knowledgeable. Are the bumper guards from a 77 compatible (current wrecked bumper) with the bumper guards on an early 76 (replacement bumper)? It would be nice to be able to select the best looking ones from either bumper.

Mark,

I don't  know about a Discount from Quality if the bumper is not as they said.  That will be between the body shop and Quality to determine.

As to the bumper removal after the show, fixing it, and re-chromed it, yes the body shop/insurance company will cover those charges.  I don't  know if the '76/'77 bumper guards are interchangeable.  I hope someone else can answer that.

Thanks all...

Jai

Hi all,

I'm  leaning to going to the Black Bear Festival without a bumper, and explaining to the judges the problem with Quality.   I think showing her sparkling pretty and clean will have more sway with the judges, than having a ghoulish grin with the torn up old bumper on.  It will all play out tomorrow if the Quality bumper arrives and if it is as good as they sold it for.  If no on either of those, we will show up sparkling without a bumper.  

Thoughts?

Thanks all...

Hi all,

Redbird is finally home!  ROFL  After some pushing Quality sent the bumper yesterday, and it arrived today.  I had suggested very strongly to them that their error in not sending it before and after it was paid for,  was a poor business practice, and it needed to be sent overnight.  Cannot say for sure, but that was a quick shipment from Virginia.  

At any rate it is on RB.  It is not perfect, but it is not awful either.  The left and right rubber corners did not come, so they will be searched out and added just as soon as they are found.  As well as the rubber strip going from side to side.

Off to the Black Bear Festival bright and early in the morning....

Thanks for all folks...

Jai

20171020_181752.jpg