IGNORED

Jai's Status

Mike

Hi all,

I haven't  been able to update you as both my phone and tablet were un-corroptive.  

Rex at body shop said I need a round striker part, newer or in better shape than the current one, as this one is worn out.  Today I can get the door to at least half latch by pulling up on the outside door handle and closing while holding it up.  That works for being in car too, just more awkward.  Anyone have a decent spare they would sell me, and how much?

Rex also said that when balancing the tires, the all 4 were low, due to dry rot.  Aghhh!  Those tires were new with the rubber "hair" on them when I got Redbird in Dec 2014.  So now I need new tires.  Any suggestions about that?  I'm not the purist sports car addicts a lot of you are, so I don't need the very best.  Just good quality long lasting tires.    

Thanks for all your super suggestions and information.  You are great!

Jai

Edited by Redwing
error

@Redwing Update, I have the latch assy. out of a late 71 in reasonably good condition. (I'll refrain from bring up Series #s) Anyway, the rods, the latch and the inner door latch handle were pulled as an assy. I seem to remember that the inner push-pull lock changed location at some point in time. I'm assuming that was just a change in the linkage rod attached to the latch. My question is will the 71 assy. work on Jai's early 76? Assuming that one could swap out the linkage rods for the push-pull lock. I know that @S30Driver has worked on doors recently and I seem to remember that @Zup is a door Guru. Anyone else? Thanks.

@Redwing@SteveJ I'm on a winning streak. I actually found what I was looking for. Went thru the pile of plastic parts bags and I came upon the striker, shim and that little nylon thing with the fasteners. All appear to be in good shape. I'm going to degrease and CLR the latch, spiff everything up a bit and ship it off to Jai. I'll let Jai and you know when It's shipped.:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

@Redwing@SteveJ I'm on a winning streak. I actually found what I was looking for. Went thru the pile of plastic parts bags and I came upon the striker, shim and that little nylon thing with the fasteners. All appear to be in good shape. I'm going to degrease and CLR the latch, spiff everything up a bit and ship it off to Jai. I'll let Jai and you know when It's shipped.:)

14 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

THANK YOU MARK!

15 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

weSo wassistancer budget for tires? That will drive most of the selection for you. 

This month I will get my heating assistance fron the gov, IT will be $350. So I'll use that.  Excuse the text errors phone screwing up.

That sets your price at about $60/tire plus road hazard, mounting & balancing, tire disposal fees, and tax. Unfortunately for you, there isn't a Kauffman Tire near you. The closest one is in Canton. They have frequent discounts based off the performance of the Hawks(maybe), Falcons, and Braves. For instance, the Falcons scoring in all 4 quarters merits a $120 if you order your tires the next day. The caveat is that it could require a prepayment and two trips down to Canton.

• Thanks 1