IGNORED

Checking correct fuel level at Round Top 3 screw SU CARBS Float bowls

3 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

23 mm down from where exactly? From where to where shall i measure with the caliper?

post-12190-14150824441192-1.jpg

The fuel in your tube should be level or even with the top of that rectangular square in this photo. The green arrow points down to a red line on bottom. In between 2 red lines that say "23mm". 

The lowest red line in that photo.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

The fuel in your tube should be level or even with the top of that rectangular square in this photo. The green arrow points down to a red line on bottom. In between 2 red lines that say "23mm". 

The lowest red line in that photo.

Ok. Let me see if i can find a pencil first to mark it. If it is not there yet i will need to bend the tab slightly.

18 hours ago, Randalla said:

Maybe some of my former customers can vouch for Float-Sync

4.jpeg

I have a set and really like how simple they are to use. Plus you can run the engine with them on the carbs and see how the float level reacts to RPM.

I use a 14mm (9/16) bolt to measure the level, gives me a nice little handle.

IMG_2953.JPG

This is a job for an nice tight o-ring and/or a sharpie to mark that 14mm line on the tubes. Maybe some thin pin stripe tape? What the heck won’t wash off with gas though? Oring is fine, but it can move.... Set it then crazy glue it? Use a square cross section o-ring?

Maybe turn a shallow groove in the tube? Just enough to leave a mark. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

I have a set and really like how simple they are to use. Plus you can run the engine with them on the carbs and see how the float level reacts to RPM.

I use a 14mm (9/16) bolt to measure the level, gives me a nice little handle.

IMG_2953.JPG

I need my set! Waiting for Randall.

Please be advised that the new Float-Syncs have glass, not plastic site glasses. Be careful etching a groove as they may be prone to break along that line. I actually like the "O"ring idea. If they're thin and tight they should stay put.

• Like 1