IGNORED

1976 280z

kacrow76

You guys are not making this any easier . i maybe could have got a few more bucks for it. but what the hell. the door cards cam for a guy in cali i think i found him on the site. the only draw back is yoiu have to go elc. on the windows. thanks again guys this site is great.

8 hours ago, gwri8 said:

Honestly, I think 8k is a give away price these days for a Z in this condition.  With no or minimal rust I would expect it to go for 11-15K fairly easy.   My two cents.

I agree with you Greg. It's, for the most part, in really good shape and should bring more than the asking price. JMO

• Like 1

Count me among the group that thinks the price is low. I still have a Craigslist alert for Z cars in my area (which isn't great for selling prices, obviously) and follow BaT pretty closely. Other than "trending up," it's hard to get a really good sense on the market, but maybe the most reliable indicator for pricing that I've noticed is condition. Cars in very good or better shape go for big (for Z car) money: $20-30k+; cars that need a bit of work tend to go for far less. Originality doesn't seem to be a major factor in prices; neither does the year.

My working theory is that Z cars don't yet have the same kind of intrinsic value as a collectible item that a lot of the other classic cars have. I think for many people, the value is in how "cool" they are. So knowing that you're looking at a minimum of $10-15k to do a very light restoration and body/paint on a "fair" car that costs ~$10k, it makes a ton of sense to just buy the finished product and save the trouble (and probably some money).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charliekwin said:

it makes a ton of sense to just buy the finished product and save the trouble (and probably some money).

Exactly, I look at mine and know for a fact I'm looking at more $$ to restore my 77 than this 76 is selling for. If I had the money I would be tempted to buy it. 

Edited by rcb280z

• 9 months later...