IGNORED

Somethings wrong...

Redwing

7 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

I think he means your clutch can now do crazy things like pulling stumps:

dodge_tree_pull.jpg

Yea now I understand.  I think I'll wait and let him show me how with his Z first.  

Hahaha...

Jai

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SteveJ said:

By the way, Jai, there appears to be ethanol free gas in Chatsworth, too, if you trust that station.

Pure-Gas Map Eton.jpg

Another option? One intrepid fellow back in the early 1900's had a problem with water in his alcohol fuel. He ran the alcohol fuel through a canister of calcium carbide. The water in the fuel reacted with the calcium carbide making acetylene gas, which he piped into the air intake. It worked so well that he had to introduce more water into the fuel to raise the octane level. But that only increased the acetylene. BTW, the early engines were called explosion engines. Some even tried gunpowder.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

By the way, Jai, there appears to be ethanol free gas in Chatsworth, too, if you trust that station.

Pure-Gas Map Eton.jpg

Thank you Steve.  But that is the gas station where I've gotten water gas twice now.  No more chances for me, they're  off my good list.  Permanently.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Jai

Praise the Lord!  Another donation to help pay Pete for putting in the new clutch.  Absolutely incredible!!!    Thank you my dear friend!!!

You guys are wonderfully taking care of Redbird and myself.  I mentioned I would have a hard time coming up with the $ to pay for the new clutch, and God Bless you, members jumped right in to help with the need.  That shows the amazing integrity of this group and it's members.  The best thing I have done in years was to join almost 2 years ago.  I needed good help in figuring out RB's problems, too many local mechanics had no idea how to successfully work on her.  I did not trust them to not make things worse.  So here I am, quite happy with the choice I made.

I would imagine I gave you reason to chuckle a bit at my errors with descriptions etc., using novice lingo.  But that's ok,  I smiled at that too.  One way you came to know me better was sharing the inner workings of my mind.  To see is to know, or something like that.     :Yes:

Have a great day...

Jai

Oh my gosh...  another wonderful gift.  You, my friends, are treating me like a queen.  I can honestly say that I have never experienced a more caring bunch of people and I have never been treated this way.  You have given me far more than just a monetary gift.  I want to share, my life has been run down by circumstances beyond my control, and a very long time has passed since I have felt good.  But that is parting, and I am seeing the beauty in life again, I'm much better.  I will never forget each of you and the kindness you have shown to myself and my sweet RedBird.  

I thank each of you sincerely, for your presence in my life, and your gifts.

God bless you,

Jai

• Like 1

Hi my friends,

A catch up on Redbird and her new clutch.  What a difference in her performance, oh the ZOOM she has now!  I had no idea her driving was so not right.   Since the clutch she tries to jump out from underneath me.  Ha!  The trick with the alcohol in the gas seems to have cleared out those bugger gremlins that were making her stall out.  Nothing but good smooth running now.  Should have figured that out immediately.  Hopefully my avoiding that gas station will cause that to not happen again.

When I picked her up, I managed to leave the shop without stalling her out.  That was good, I did not want to look bad in front of Pete.  Lost it tho at the first stoplight.  The remainder of the trip home went well.  Today as I drove to church, I didn't even think of it and muscle memory took over the job for a beautiful drive.  At church, I was telling a friend about how this group jumped in and gifted me with $ for the clutch, and that the total was only $30 under the cost of the labor.   At that point, he got out his wallet and handed me $30, and said "now your labor charges are all paid for."  How amazing that was, I had no idea he would do that, what a sweet man.  So... the total of the installation of the clutch was $335, and with what you all sent plus Jim's gift at church, I have received the full amount I owed Pete.  I have been sending the $ to him via PayPal. Easier than driving over there, costs less gas too.  Now all I have to do is to finish out the month, with the $99 I spent for the parts, missing from the purse.  It is difficult to manage, but we (Deanna, RedBird, and myself) will make it.  Cuts out the goodies for the month.  Not gonna worry about that tho.  I have a wonderful ZOOM, in fine shape to drive!    

Hahaha...  I typed a "Z" back in that last sentence, and the auto correct changed it to ZOOM.  I like that better, so will leave it.  

Have a great afternoon all, blessings for each of you.  You are the BEST,

Jai

Edited by Redwing
not finished
  • Like 4

Spark plug report:

Here is a photo taken this afternoon.    I have driven her about 75 miles since the new spark plugs were put in.  I tried to get it earlier, but this was the fastest.  

So, give it an eyeball or two, and let me know your opinion.

Thanks bunches,

Jai

20170319_185642_1489965371171_1489970279377.jpg