IGNORED

Weber selection and initial jet tuning

blodi

Yeah, that's kind of what I went through back in August.....I had the dizzy installed and bypassed the resistor as instructed...my tach was all bouncy at higher rpm. So I tried hooking the resistor back up and that's when it fried the ignition module on the dizzy.  Maybe I need a different coil? I thought I had the correct ohm version...but now I forget what I have in there.  I'll have to check. 

5 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Should be 1.5 for the zx. 

3.0 for the z.

I run a Crane Fireball PS20. Seems perfect for the last 3 or 4 years?

Do you have the ballast resistor hooked up with your setup? 

• 3 months later...

Happy new year and happy uh quarantine to everyone.  So, I’m trying to figure out my high rpm sputter.  You can see it do it on the dyno video I posted last year.  Tried a new coil, wires, put in a new pertronix...nothing.  Fuel pressure is steady at 4 psi. Pulled the tops off the carbs and everything looks clean. Maybe it’s the plugs?  What plugs/gap should I be running on this setup? Currently running NGK BPR6ES at about .029 gap.  

FAC496B4-66D5-4B08-98F7-7A2B3BCF49B5.jpeg

On 7/16/2019 at 8:02 AM, jonbill said:

I used to use a pertronix igniter and it had similar misfire problems over 6k. I'd try a 280zx distributor if you can borrow one from somebody near.

I also tried a new Pertronix igniter.  I concluded they don't do revs. 

22 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

It could possibly be a noisy alternator or Vreg exhibiting +12V bus problems at higher rpms.

I have the MSA upgraded alternator with the internal voltage regulator.  I guess I could monitor the voltage gauge. 

Never had a problem with the pertronix reviving in the past.  She’d gladly run up to redline all day. 

Going to order up some new plugs. Is what I currently have good?