IGNORED

Black Dragon Closing

Jeff G 78

Haha! Seek help.

I got my order today as well and everything seems to be mostly in order. Only issue I have is that I bought rubber squeegee window "dew wipes" and the little black plastic ends were laying loose in the bags. They just need to be glued back on. Not a big deal. Especially for the price.

10 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I got my order today as well and everything seems to be mostly in order. Only issue I have is that I bought rubber squeegee window "dew wipes" and the little black plastic ends were laying loose in the bags. They just need to be glued back on. Not a big deal. Especially for the price.

One end was off in the set of upper door moldings I purchased as well.  You're right, not a big deal considering the OEM set new is about $350 more.

How do you plan to address the issue that the originals follow the upward curve as the molding as it nears the back of the door?  The BD set is perfectly straight, and does not have the formed curve.   Overall, very pleased with the parts in my order.

I was also very happy with my order. bumper set, new pedal rubber, and door handles.  Its amazing how clear new chromed parts are. Will have to find a way to cover them in the garage so I don't bump into them with a tool and scratch them up.

For those of you that also ordered the bumpers I am curious what your thoughts are about them, specifically the inside coating.  I had debating putting some POR15 or otherwise in there to try to prevent and rusting in the future... but I only plan to drive the car in nice weather and its garaged so that is probably overkill.  Just want to protect that investment however possible.

18 minutes ago, S30Driver said:

How do you plan to address the issue that the originals follow the upward curve as the molding as it nears the back of the door?

How do I plan to address that? I have no idea. I didn't even know that was an issue until you mentioned it. I just bought these things because the price was so right and my originals are hard as rocks with little cracks in them. Crap.

Off the top of my head... Either work up some fixture to bend the replacements. or take the new ones apart to harvest out the rubber bits and chuck the rest. Staple the new rubber into my old metal strips?

53 minutes ago, S30Driver said:

Ya, I am hoping they can be worked to follow the curve.  If you place the new one along the existing door molding, you will see the extent of the problem.

That lack of a bend was mentioned years ago when they first started selling the window squeegees.  I went with the MSA units instead because of that.  I think the consensus was to just bend to fit as you install.  A forum search will probably locate the earlier thread.  

Dennis

Yes, I was aware of the fitment issue but the price was irresistible.  24 bucks versus MSA's 250.   Charliekwin is in the same boat.

I'll just wait for the Captain's ocd to kick in and he will machine a trick jig to form the curve.  LOL   Maybe he will share it like a tool rental program.

Maybe they're shutting down because parts aren't available. The catalog seemed to have fewer parts each issue.

Looks like I was asleep at the switch, two week camping trip to Northern CA. My car cover is shot. Called BD this morning but no more covers, 20 backordered and 20 on the way, no more after that.

Anybody know who makes the BD-4000, part #82-136?  Maybe better protection than the best MSA cover and cheaper.

1 hour ago, S30Driver said:

Yes, I was aware of the fitment issue but the price was irresistible.  24 bucks versus MSA's 250.   Charliekwin is in the same boat.

I'll just wait for the Captain's ocd to kick in and he will machine a trick jig to form the curve.  LOL   Maybe he will share it like a tool rental program.

Try this link for tips: 

There are one or two other threads on the topic "Door window squeegee", also.

Dennis

1 hour ago, S30Driver said:

Yup.  I have what might be a questionable kind-of plan for repainting my car sometime in maybe a year or so, so I won't need any of the stuff I just bought for quite a while.  But I probably would've had to pay 5-10x as much to get everything from the other vendors out there.  Too good of a deal to pass up.