IGNORED

1 too many in the family

siteunseen

Is this for your Persimmons 240? Why are you selling for so low? What causes you to think of it as a 7k car instead of 15k? Rust? Previous accident damage not fixed well? Running issues? Just curious. I have two 240s and a 280 like you....plus my dad's 280 that I take care of. Like you, I am thinking of selling one of my 240s. I am selling mine because it has previous accident damage that was not repaired correctly. So, my reason for the question is mostly about me trying to assess the east coast Atlanta / Alabama / NC / TN markets.

Thanks

27 minutes ago, jonathanrussell said:

Is this for your Persimmons 240? Why are you selling for so low? What causes you to think of it as a 7k car instead of 15k? Rust? Previous accident damage not fixed well? Running issues? Just curious. I have two 240s and a 280 like you....plus my dad's 280 that I take care of. Like you, I am thinking of selling one of my 240s. I am selling mine because it has previous accident damage that was not repaired correctly. So, my reason for the question is mostly about me trying to assess the east coast Atlanta / Alabama / NC / TN markets.

Thanks

It has some surface rust, Florida car. The heater core was bypassed when I bought it, may just need a new valve and hoses. The dealer installed a/c hasn't been updated to 134a and I'm just trying to find a good owner. I NEVER sale, just hoard, so I'm not looking to make much money. I want my money back plus storage fees. LOL

Search "what's it worth" for the rust pictures. March 5, '16.

I know it Blue. I hate doing this but there's more around here I can get. I just got sick of my DD sitting in the 100 plus heat. Father's Day I went to my Dad's church, buttoned up and tucked in, tie and all. When I got in that 200 degree car I made my decision. When I can add on there's more down here in the South and they have know idea what they're worth. Ive got my eye on a nice #112 '72 for $3,000. I'm looking for land now to put a metal building on. Baby steps!

• Like 1

I found your What's it worth message. I think your price makes sense. Our cars are similar for different reasons. Mine doesn't have rust but could really stand to have the whole frame and radiator support clip forward of the front crossmember replaced. A few panels are a little wavy on mine too where it was hit in the rear quarters at one point. From 20 feet mine looks good. I am refreshing the interior, heater core, heater  box, etc and then I am going to sell it. I rebuilt the cylinder head earlier this year and it runs good. Just not a car I want to keep forever. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

I know it Blue. I hate doing this but there's more around here I can get. I just got sick of my DD sitting in the 100 plus heat. Father's Day I went to my Dad's church, buttoned up and tucked in, tie and all. When I got in that 200 degree car I made my decision. When I can add on there's more down here in the South and they have know idea what they're worth. Ive got my eye on a nice #112 '72 for $3,000. I'm looking for land now to put a metal building on. Baby steps!

I'm wanting to do a building and fill it with my tools. $25 an hour for using it. Very popular in bigger cities but we need one here too. I have people that come to my house with their weedeaters and cord, they pay me $10 to wind it on the bump feed head. Takes 2 minutes but I am sick of people banging on my garage door at 8am Saturday. I get still get lucky sometimes and bring home "Scully's catch of the day" Friday night. I'd rather stay in the bed than wrap cord. LOL

• Like 1

16 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Have you found anywhere that sales beer?

So far... Taps Brewery in Niagara. MIll St. Brewpub in Toronto, and Muddy York Brewing in Toronto as well. That's Wed, Thurs, Fri respectively.

Muddy York reminded of the first place you and I went where we walked right into the big room with all the stainless tanks. Big difference was they DID sell their beer right there. Took a couple bottles back to the hotel and enjoyed them out on our deck overlooking the pool.

Wish you were here!

Edited by Captain Obvious