IGNORED

Motorman's Build

motorman7

5 hours ago, Mike said:

No it isn't lost. I have it on a different database and trying to find a way to restore just this one post.

Mike

Hi Mike - maybe I mis-understood. Are you saying that there were only 1 Post to this thread - before May 2015? I was thinking the thread started way before that, when motorman7 first got the Z.

Carl B.

Edited by Carl Beck
posted wrong area

2 hours ago, jonathanrussell said:

Apologies if I am missing mention in earlier posts but could you remind me which carpet kit you are using. It looks very nice.

Really great restoration job.

This is the Carpet Kit I purchased.  The carpet fit well and looks good.  It also has the padding underneath.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-1974-DATSUN-240Z-260Z-7-pc-REPLACEMENT-BLACK-LOOP-CARPET-KIT-/391100508622?hash=item5b0f6829ce

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Patcon said:

16 months!!! That is flying. I am 5 years in and still don't have it on it's wheels... :(

The car was really in good shape and most of the parts were there, so it wasn't that bad.  As you can see in the pics, I was given a lot of new parts and most of the nuts and bolts were re-plated already.  Made things go fast.

My roadster took 5 years to restore. That was not in as good condition. Seems a lot depends on the car condition when doing the resto.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for posting all of this, VERY good reference.  Excellent restore!

You're also one of the only early "series 2" cars I've seen posted in depth.  My car has always confused me as I have the S1 center console, S1 seats, S2 rear hatch and S2 c pillar/side vents.  My SN is 43xxx, fairly close to yours.  One very interesting thing to note on my car, that I've never seen posted or mentioned anywhere, for my shifter cutout/hole in the tunnel, it is actually a S2 cutout with a spot welded in block off to make all the S1 parts fit, rubber boot, center console, etc.  I noticed this when I converted to 5 speed, dreading that I had to cut my chassis, I only had to drill out 4 spot welds and the panel popped out perfect and the S2 rubber boot dropped in.

• 3 months later...

So....I am actually thinking about selling this one.  It is really a tough decision.  The problem is that my wife and I have too many vehicles and not really enough space.  Currently I own 8 cars and a camping trailer, yet I only have  a 3 car garage and live in a cul-de-sac in the suburbs.  To ease the situation, I have one car at the Petersen museum in LA, one at my mother in laws place, and one at the paint shop.  Eventually the museum car and the one at the body shop will need to come back home so I need to make a little room.  (Also, selling the Z will help pay for my wife's new toy, a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.   She puts up with all my cars so she really deserves it.)   Anyway, trying to decide between BAT or eBay for the sale....or just keeping it and paying for storage.  Tough choice.  I will  clean her up and take a bunch of pics this weekend and see how I still feel about selling.  

I feel like you'll make a whole lot more money if you sell it in ten years or so... I don't know how much storage is, but if you do store it you may get a whole lot more.
Or it may cost a whole lot more to put it in storage then you'll ever get for it in ten years. Plus there's maintaining it...

Sent from my OP 3T using Classic Zcar Club mobile