IGNORED

Official 240Z, 260Z, 280Z Car Value Thread!

Consigli

Here's a advert for a US Import 240Z in one of our Claassic Car Magazines, I don't know if it will fetch the asking price here in the UK, but there's plenty of potential across Europe as they are LHD on the continent.

image.jpeg

Edited by Red7
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Red7 said:

Here's a advert for a US Import 240Z in one of our Classic Car Magazines, I don't know if it will fetch the asking price here in the UK, but there's plenty of potential across Europe as they are LHD on the continent.

Yes, I have found out first hand that 240Zs are highly sought after in Europe with 2 out of 3 of my former refreshed 240Zs were purchased by European buyers. My son's and my '71 918 Orange/black car went to France about 8 years ago and my '71 904 White/blue car went to Italy (now in Hungary) a little over 2 years ago.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grannyknot said:

So how does one go about selling a NA car in Europe?

European buyers do searches on eBay, Craigslist and other North American Internet sites that offer classic cars just as N. A. buyers do. European buyers have also been know to have friends that live in N. A. or agents that do the searching, inspection and test driving for the European buyers. 

The two 240Zs that I sold to European buyers were on on eBay and Craigslist. The first car was sold to a Frenchman who was living temporarily in Manhattan then moved back to the south west of France a little later and had the car shipped over there. On the second 240Z, an Italian gentleman saw the car for sale on Craigslist and then had his agent in New Hampshire contact me to purchase the car and we made the deal over the phone. We sent the paperwork and payment through FedEx, then he made the arrangements to have Intercity Lines pick up the car here in Colorado. The car was then transported to the agent's shop in New Hampshire where it was stored for a short time, then transported to Boston to be placed in a container and then shipped to Italy. 

The first picture below shows the first 240Z right after it arrived in the south west of France from New York. The second picture shows the second 240Z being loaded on the truck in Colorado bound for New Hampshire.

aprespc6.jpg

DSC09950.JPG

Edited by lonetreesteve
Added pictures
  • Like 1

Also there's an advertising site called ' pistonheads' it's very similar to Hemmings, I bought my car unseen in the flesh, communicated by telephone and email, I asked for plenty of pictures, especially of the vulnerable areas, at the end of the day it's a chance buying unseen but I built up a relationship with the seller and we trusted each other . 

5 hours ago, grannyknot said:

So how does one go about selling a NA car in Europe?

You could also send the cars information to one of the Z clubs, in the UK there's 

The Classic Z Register and Zclub.net 

9 hours ago, Lumens said:

3000 hours invested. What is the labor rate there in Pounds if you have a shop do all the work?

Then you add in the cost of all the parts. Including a new rebuilt engine.

Im not too sure really but would suggest at least £40 per hour, I've just done the math and it's frightening! 

3 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

European buyers do searches on eBay, Craigslist and other North American Internet sites that offer classic cars just as N. A. buyers do. European buyers have also been know to have friends that live in N. A. or agents that do the searching, inspection and test driving for the European buyers. 

The two 240Zs that I sold to European buyers were on on eBay and Craigslist. The first car was sold to a Frenchman who was living temporarily in Manhattan then moved back to the south west of France a little later and had the car shipped over there. On the second 240Z, an Italian gentleman saw the car for sale on Craigslist and then had his agent in New Hampshire contact me to purchase the car and we made the deal over the phone. We sent the paperwork and payment through FedEx, then he made the arrangements to have Intercity Lines pick up the car here in Colorado. The car was then transported to the agent's shop in New Hampshire where it was stored for a short time, then transported to Boston to be placed in a container and then shipped to Italy. 

The first picture below shows the first 240Z right after it arrived in the south west of France from New York. The second picture shows the second 240Z being loaded on the truck in Colorado bound for New Hampshire.

aprespc6.jpg

DSC09950.JPG

They sure look beauties 

• Like 1

Well here in The Netherlands I can see a growing interest for JDM classics, but still way not as much as the US and EURO traditional classics..

Maybe in other parts of Europe..

It will take a while I guess, before they are really recognized.

But who knows what the classic car market will be in 2030 ? Maybe the newer " computer " generation will loose interest...