IGNORED

Rear spoiler for a 1971 240Z

Zedyone_kenobi

Unfortunately, I have been sidetracked on this project. I was dumb yet again and started a big project when I am in the middle of a small one.  Pulling the dash out of my roadster is going to take a while... :)

But I think I can work in time to fit and paint this thing.  I am having a desire for some newer colored wheels as well....Oh well, this is why we have these cars! :)  I added some racing bling this weekend in the form of some static cling decals.  I am going to call it the summer of the race car.

24701181176_0ebbeb0ac9_b.jpg

24701180676_391b5a3278_b.jpg

24099212204_beaaca0137_b.jpg

I would really love some 14x7 wheels so I can run some fat sidewall tires and complete the vintage racing look. I think the BRE car ran 14x8 right.  But good luck finding those. Still powder coating my panasports flat black or dark grey would be a good look.  Or I guess I could pick up some rewinds, as that may be cheaper.  Still having fun with her though.   I will post pics of my new spoiler for a comparison.

3 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

I think the BRE car ran 14x8 right.  But good luck finding those. Still powder coating my panasports flat black or dark grey would be a good look.  Or I guess I could pick up some rewinds, as that may be cheaper.  Still having fun with her though.   I will post pics of my new spoiler for a comparison.

BRE ran 14X7 wheels. The wheels shown on my car above are 14X6-1/2 Minilites painted gunmetal.

I sold those Minilites to a vintage racer in Texas that runs an MGB. Datsun and MGB = same same.

I then changed over to the gunmetal 15X7 Rewinds. I would rather have them all gunmetal without the polished outer rim.

I also want to get the my car a bit lower just like moelk's car.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Stephen... I just think spoilers add a lot to the look of the 240Z. BTW, did you ever paint your rear spoiler the same color as the car? My guess is you'll end up going that route......just a hunch. The 16 inch wheels are my favorite, but my silver 73 has 15's and I really like them too....just can't quite get the selection of performance rubber that you can get in the 16's. Regards to your family.

Guy

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1