IGNORED

sweatys rebuild

sweatybetty

1 hour ago, heyitsrama said:

Wow that heater hose system looks great, did you make that yourself?

Did you have to rethread the oil pressure threads to accept that T fitting?

thanks. i made that out of 1/2" copper water pipe. it measures 5/8" od. as far as the oil psi threads, i didnt touch them. the metric threads are almost identical to 1/8" npt

what a crappy couple of days!:angry::angry:  i had the pig running, but didnt have any timing advance, el-cheapo trash plug wires from auto zone, and a loose rotor, a pos timing light that didnt work when i needed it to, and the distributor was 180* out!!!  so i decided to pull the distributor and found the centrifugal  weights were sticking. no problem. took it apart, lubed everything, and all was new. so i thought :angry: in the mean-time, since the distributor is 180* out, why not fix that, make it like it shows in all the books. i ended up pulling the oil pump 6 times before i found that lining up the little spot on the distributor drive shaft with the oil hole on the oil pump was wrong. doing so ended up 180* out. :angry::angry::angry: long story short, i now have everything lined up as shown in the fsm, but the rotor is 180* off, the car runs like a scalded ape, and i dont give a squat. my timing is set at close to 15* btdc at idle and runs up to about 37* at 2k rpms. sounds great.  more to come...........its beer-thitry :beer:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

from pakistan with love.

ordered these seat covers from interior innovations last sunday. showed up today. my first impression is very good, but i will follow up when i get them installed. it is amazing to me that i can order a part, it gets delivered to my door from halfway around the world, nice quality, but it takes twice as long to get something from somewhere i can drive to in a day.

100_2253.JPG