IGNORED

Redwing's Car - An Update

SteveJ

Dang Jai, you just can't catch a break! So sorry to hear but I can top that by miles, the love of my life passed away Tuesday on the operating table. She had cancerous tumors and internal bleeding once they opened her up. I'd give my three Zs for my dog back. Life is tough, but we trudge along anyway.

My days are getting better and better and I'm sure your's will too. Enjoy the small things and drink lots of alcohol. Kidding (not really)

• Like 2

I'm very sorry Site. I understand and wish you well. Everything is in movement, you will indeed feel better. Time does not make it go away, it is just less severe with time. Your Love will always live in a small part of your heart.

That's kinda nice...

Jai

PS I do know the value (?) of alcohol slightly. 😆

Edited by Redwing
  • Like 1

When you do get it repaired it looks you will be again without transportation for a bit.

Best way would be a small section of a donor quarter panel to weld in.

Otherwise some hack body shop will fill it full of mud and out the door.

Make sure to get a very good amount for repair from the insurance company to do it correctly.

• Like 1

That is exactly why I stalled to meet with the adjuster. I am to meet him on Wednesday, but I could change that. I need help from you guys to decide what to do, once again. You all have not failed me.

When meeting with him he will figure out what it would cost to fix her. Then he will either give me a check, or tell the body shop to do this. I have not been involved with an accident, so unsure what I should do??? If the body shop does it, the insurance company (Progressive) has to rent a car for me use while repairs are being made. That's a plus. But I am concerned with their repairs, as you said. It is only the quarter panel, the door was not involved at all, thank you God.

Question to Greg, what about where you had your Z fixed and painted? (He and his family live near me.) Think that would be a better option? Perhaps I should go there and get an estimate before meeting with the adjuster??? I could maybe have them set up to do the work, and still get a vehicle to use. Hmmm..... I need advice folks! Not knowing what to do, I really need your Z advice.

Thanks for all your care and concern, you folks have added so much to my life!

Jai

Sweet RedBird started well and warmed up for about 20 minutes yesterday, in anticipation of a Dr's visit and other errands. As I was settling in, getting the seat belt on, she died! Oh my goodness, what a surprise. Worse, she refused then to start. Blah! I called the Dr and they graciously moved my appoint time back an hour. She did start about 20 minutes later, and I was on my way. The rest of the trip was uneventful.

This is new dying after warm up. But the event of dying, restarting, and then running perfect is now getting to be somewhat of a pattern. What's up with that?

Jai

I am still in the Ignition, ecu, fuel pump park.

Jai,

Do you have a fuel gauge under the hood currently? If so when it dies do you still have fuel pressure?

Yes I do. Unfortunately I forgot to go look at it. I will do if/when it happens again and report here. For sure I would be very happy if it never happened again. Ha!

I understand, several folks have mentioned the ECU also the fuel pump. Earlier, I believe the fuel pump was excluded. The details escape me. The ECU???

Thank you for your thoughts...

Jai

Jai, sometimes I wonder if its ecu related. I believe another member has mentioned that as well. If you dont have the funds for a replacement or transplant of the hei unit I would be willing to ship you one of my ecu's to try. Just let me know. Maybe one of the members that have worked on RB will install it for you or I could walk you through it. Its simple.

• Like 1