IGNORED

What do you think of the new 350 z?

Mike

Do you like Nissan's new 350 Z car?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Nissan's new 350 Z car?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

Well tonight I got to sit in a new 350 and fiddle with the knobs. I checked it out as much as the salesman would allow.. I have to say that the seats were as comfortable as any I have ever sat in. I had to force myself out of the car... It is a very nice ride... I didn't get to drive it, but it sounds like I will get to soon. If I want. There were I thought more blind spots than I liked.. The front window frames were bigger than I thought they needed to be, and the rear view was not very good at all. The engine compartment was not more crowded than most new cars, but still much less room, compared to a 240. I suppose if you are a doctor or lawyer, or some other rich guy that wants a relatively fast ride that you probably cannot maintain yourself.... then it as a great car. But I think a well prepared 240 would still kick its arse on a short course. or country road. It is still too heavy, but cute.

Just my take...

Given that this site and its members celebrate the first gen Z and I am no exception, I favor my 78 and always will. However, I must say that I love the fact that Nismo is pumping new life into the culture it created 33 years ago. In that light, it really doesn't matter if the 350Z 'fires on all cylinders' because it benefits us all and that means I like it!

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by 2ManyZs

ah, but the question remains, can she "dance"?

haha i like it. thought i'd give some new life to this thread, now that the 350 has been in release for some time. i've taken to go through all 6 pages of the thread and read what you guys have said. whatever happened to personality? LOL but yes, i think that the 350 looks smooth, i've seen a couple up close and it's verrrrry nice. i can understand how some of you may not like the arse, but i say more cushion for the pushin'! no offense to the ladies out there, or anybody else.

so does anybody on the site own a 350 now? i'd like to hear how it performs, and im sure others on the site would be interested as well. i hear that greddy has a turbo kit available for the 350 now if you guys havent heard. well that's my two cents.

240z fund: i have enough, now on the road to z-dom

The new 350z is quite nice but I find it a bit too dull on the front end. I think that the gtr proto was much meanier. And I would have liked more if the production model would have looked more like the first published proto...It had more lines, looks and details to remind of the roots ie. 240z s30.

In general I have been delighted to see some of the nostalgia in some car manufacturers new models.... I love the Ford forty-nine and gt40. Chrysler pt-cruiser and BMW Z8, thats some package!!

Well I dont like the new beetle, because it has not the same ideology that the old beetle....It is unpractical and fwd disguished polo or whatever...

• 1 month later...

At first i have to admit that i didn't like the 350, and my posts from this thread will bare that out. However about two weeks ago a guy that works in a building just across from me got one, so i got a good close up look and listen. I have to say it is sweet! and it sounds great, however when i pulled up in my 240 it became obvious quickly that the dude wasn't a Z guy, what a shame.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

brinbin old thread back LOL, IMO the 350z is a good car as long is the base model, I dont see the point of spending 10,000 dollars more and have the same power. now that there are a lot of new sprot cars, I think its time for nissan to think of a 350zTT for maybe some 400 hp to compete with the vette, or cobra.