IGNORED

What do you think of the new 350 z?

Mike

Do you like Nissan's new 350 Z car?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Nissan's new 350 Z car?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

Hey Mr.Cam,

It looks like there are 2 of us in Perth looking for a Z. All of the ones I've seen are full of rust or over-modified. I'm thinking I'll end up getting one from interstate in the end. What do you think?

BTW, don't like the new 350Z at all. If its goind to look that thick and chunky it should be an all-wheel-drive a'la Subaru. In fact, why didn't they do that?

Halz

Where were the ones you looked at. The last one I saw advertised was in mindarie for $2500, i never went and looked at it because I dont have the cash at the moment. What sort of price range are you looking at.

Theres a real nice 240z on carpoint but it's $11000 and it's in SA (I think), but you get 2 for one, cause they are throwing in a parts car also.

Now if I could only win lotto.

• 3 weeks later...

I hated it at first wasn't a true Z to me. I'm a hardcore die hard old skool car fan. But after more and more photo's and comments on the car I'm starting to see potential. I always like to say this to doubters wait till they make a sexy body kit for it. I'm only disappointed it's a V6 and not a straight 6 and that they arn't planing on a turbo version yet

Gav

OH MY GOSH where do i start first off this is not a "350"z a 350 z is a classic z car (no zx's) with a chevy in it THAT IS A 350 Z if this car runs a 0-60 in 5.00 or 5.20 + or - it can be called a 350 z because of 3.5 liters... this new car is very contraversial (spell check please) to me and my local Z friends. i dont like the rear end..................... too big........

• 1 month later...

I personally thingk the car looks good compared to other modern sports cars, but it doesn't stand a chance on the original Z. Lets face it 240Z is a 240Z. No new cars that claims to be a Z can ever make me (or some of us) like it better than the 240Z, otherwise it's not a Z- just a better car.

But the 350z looks good to me.

I thingk they should not call it 350z rather 350zx or a 350zxt (toad) because it seems to be an insult to say that it's as pure as a Z.

Also...... is there anyone here from Australia selling a 240Z or a 260Z (2 seater). Please PM me i still don't have one:(

• 2 weeks later...

A Nissan dealer near me has one in their showrrom. I was picking up a part for my car and took a look (no test drive).

I like the looks of the car, but it's not a 240. The 240 is based on the Britsh car designs, while the new 350 scream Germany. The new car reminds me of teh Audi TT, and definitely is aimed at the German competition. Maybe that does make it like the 240 - the British cars were the sports car leaders in 1970, and the German cars are today. Hmmm...

Anyway, it's a great looking car, but to me it's like the last 300Z's - let someone else own it and I'll admire it. To me the 240 is where it's at.

Speaking of the 350, I actually took some photos of the prototype/concept car that was at the Chicago Auto Show in February of 2001. I don't have a scanner and am working on having someone upload them for me. It would be interesting to put it side by side with a photo of the current incarnation and note the differences. If anyone is really interested in seeing these pic's let me know. I also took a pic of 240 that was on the display right next to the 350. It is a silver w/black interior. I think it was one of the "remanufactured" program cars from a few years ago. I can post this as well once I get them scanned.