IGNORED

1973 Rebuild

1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Looks good but i hope that stripe just above the middle of the picture in the lip of the coolant/thermostat holder isn't a crack? 🙊

No, it’s just a scratch. It’s shiny if you look at it from a different angle. There are a few of those.

Thanks for looking out, though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matthew Abate said:

I hadn’t because of the belts for the alternator and compressor. I will take a look at that though. I’m also thinking about whether it could go under the headers instead of cramming them in between the headers and the carbs. It might actually be cooler if I get it low enough.

I don't have the original hose, I used a modded Volvo part - however it runs above all that - then drops to the water inlet / branch that my 75 has. I made an SS tube to go from there to the bulkhead

spacer.png PXL_20230701_200703493.jpg

Edited by HusseinHolland
  • Like 1

Very cool. I may copy that, but I also just confirmed that the hose would be further away from the headers if I ran it under them next to the block than it would if I route it under the carbs.

Looks like a lot of the stuff I’ve bought to solve this has been a waste.

Edited by Matthew Abate

Question about the assembly sequence:

Is it better to put the windshield in before or after the dashboard. It seems that putting it in first would be easier to get the windshield in, but also increase the likelihood of damaging it (and maybe the dash). But it also seems that it would be easier to install the dash with the windshield out.

Which would you do first?

I found this red cylinder in the box with all of my old fuel hoses for the gas and vapor tanks. Anyone have any idea what this is? I don’t see it in the exploded diagram and a search yielded zilch. Is this just some random object the previous owner put in the box mistakenly, or is this some mystery part that I should replicate?

image.jpeg

(17mm hose with plastic barb for size reference)

I will check that out and see if it fits. The interior diameter looks a little big compared to your photo, though.

Speaking of check valves, one of the fuel hoses has one but I don’t see it in the diagram and it’s not listed in the parts for the fuel tank assembly.

I am assuming it goes from the tank to the vapor canister and is supposed to prevent backflow but I’m not confident in that assumption.

Any ideas?

Any good places I might want to add an additional one?

Edited by Matthew Abate