IGNORED

L28+(maxima)47 build

8 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Woof. Still considering yourself "lucky"? 

So you're thinking oil getting pulled up past the rings and then getting sucked out the intake valves into the plenum?

Yes - still lucky to be fortunate enough to play like this . And yes oil was getting by the rings somehow. My machinist is an old racer and has seen everything . He actually went thru the same thing . A ring defect was allowing oil to contaminate the combustion mixture . THe fact I’m pushing 225 psi amplifies the condition I believe . 

Im going to get some larger pistons and salvage the engine - AFTER I finish and get the 3.2 running .

48 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Damn! That bites, I know the feeling well, sometimes you just miss stuff.  But you're right, we are all lucky enough to be able to play like this. Thanks for showing us warts and all, you don't learn much from perfection.

Don’t mind sharing my mistakes . I’ve learned reading about others too. It would be easy to blame my cheapy Ebay Perfect Circle old stock rings that gapped bigger than stock, but that’s not the real reason. Can’t expect rings to seal on a sketchy bore. In the end, I’m glad to know why this stuff was happening and not blame it on cheap parts 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Damn! That bites, I know the feeling well, sometimes you just miss stuff.  But you're right, we are all lucky enough to be able to play like this. Thanks for showing us warts and all, you don't learn much from perfection.

Don’t mind sharing my mistakes . I’ve learned reading about others too. It would be easy to blame my cheapy Ebay Perfect Circle old stock rings that gapped bigger than stock, but that’s not the real reason. Can’t expect rings to seal on a sketchy bore. In the end, I’m glad to know why this stuff was happening and not blame it on cheap parts 

I agree. No sense hiding our failures. If everyone thinks we never make mistakes, who are we kidding! I’ve never learned anything doing it perfect the first time; mistakes make us better at what we do....
.... and I’m getting “better “ all the time...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, wheee! said:

I agree. No sense hiding our failures. If everyone thinks we never make mistakes, who are we kidding! I’ve never learned anything doing it perfect the first time; mistakes make us better at what we do....
.... and I’m getting “better “ all the time...

Confirmed by the gentleman who made WD1 - WD39

• Like 2
  • Haha 2