IGNORED

Need Help With Timing!

HaZmatt

Explosions in the intake is no way to treat new webers on first cranking.

I know. I'm pretty worried that I messed something up. Hopefully noyhing serious to the motor. It propbably popped 4 or 5 times total. But it runs smooth now with no smoke or anything so my fingers are crossed. 

Couldn"t agree with you more......How can you dyno an engine and not note that you're 180 degrees out? How could you ship it out without correcting it? The reason why I like to build the engines myself.

This just baffles me as well. The more I think about it the more upset I get. I was going to call him today and tell him,  but I'm over it. Its not a difficult fix. Sure I shouldnt have to do it since I paid a small fortune for him to build it properly but hey...now I will know how to change an oil pump!

Couldn"t agree with you more......How can you dyno an engine and not note that you're 180 degrees out? How could you ship it out without correcting it? The reason why I like to build the engines myself.

You'd be amazed what I see on a daily basis in my work.. ..other garages doing things only half or worse.

Edited by bartsscooterservice

I know. I'm pretty worried that I messed something up. Hopefully noyhing serious to the motor. It propbably popped 4 or 5 times total. But it runs smooth now with no smoke or anything so my fingers are crossed. 

This just baffles me as well. The more I think about it the more upset I get. I was going to call him today and tell him,  but I'm over it. Its not a difficult fix. Sure I shouldnt have to do it since I paid a small fortune for him to build it properly but hey...now I will know how to change an oil pump!

If I were you, I wouldn't even futz with dropping the oil pump and moving it 180 degrees. It ain't going to change a thing! Just remember it's 180 out.....enjoy it.......... IMO

• Like 1

I'd be curious to know myself HaZmatt. Un-acceptable in my book. You deserve an answer. Even though it won't be a good enough answer, you still deserve to know.

I've said my piece.

Video my friend, video. Can't wait to hear it running. 

Maybe Dave builds the race engines and Bubba and A.J. have a crack at the public engines.......Ed China would say "This is Rubbish"!

• Like 1

i'm learning that i can only fully trust (and fully blame) myself for what i do. that really increases the satisfaction of doing it right and makes it much easier to deal with when it's done wrong, as i'm never the victim - just the iidiot  ;)

• Like 2