IGNORED

Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z

grannyknot

Thanks boys

2 hours ago, RyanT67 said:

That engine bay looks absolutely stunning!!!
You must be getting close at this point.  Most of the mechanical stuff looks about done, so just the interior to go?

I know it looks almost done but it's still a long way from even starting the engine,  finished the upper vinyl today so I can install the windshield tomorrow then finally get the dash in, that is the big step, the dash. Hope all the electrical works just the way it did when I took it apart.

1 hour ago, Mark Maras said:

I like the string trimmer line idea. I've installed a few glass pieces over the years and tried many different cord ideas. None were satisfactory. Thanks.

Discovered it by accident, could not find any thin rope so gave the trimmer line a go, perfect, couldn't believe how well worked. It just slides over the rubber.

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

Chris,

Did you put all the trim in first?

Yes sir, much easier than the other way.

Mark, it's exactly like the method that everyone uses but use trimmer line instead of kitchen cord or thin propylene rope.  Start the line in the middle  of the windshield seal at the the bottom and tuck the line into the seam that will go over the weld flange of windshield opening, continue all the way around until you are back to where the other end of the line is sticking out. Just like in the pic, then mount the whole thing on the car and start pulling one side of the line, this will bring the rubber seal lip over the weld flange, now start pulling the other side, you want to work both ends of the line, a few inches on this side a few inches on the other. As you are pulling the lip in press it home with your fingers so that it is well seated on the flange, the bottom and sides are fairly easy it's the two top corners that can be tricky, on the D/S you have to use a clockwise circular motion with the line to pull the corner in and a counter CW motion on the P/S to p corner, you can also use the other hand to push the glass in from the outside. A helper would be good but you can easily do by yourself.

DSCN1505.JPG

• Like 2