IGNORED

Ferrari 250 replica based on a 260Z wants $ 100,000

Now that's a stretched wheel base! I can't see any sign of reinforcement of the chassis in the photos of the 250 replica. The engine bay looks rough, and the steering column appears to be rectangular! I would need a lot more info on how the work on the chassis was done. The interior looks well done though.

When did Ferrari start using Chevrolet engines in the 250s? For the price the seller wants, I'd expect some more appropriate to a 250 Ferrari than a Chevrolet engine.

What will be more appropriate on a replica Italian masterpiece. You are building one , so please illustrate us on what will be more Ferrari like on a clone.

When did Ferrari start using Chevrolet engines in the 250s? For the price the seller wants, I'd expect some more appropriate to a 250 Ferrari than a Chevrolet engine.

Yeah I also was expecting at least a V12 engine from another brand with ITB's..

I remember on HybridZ forums there was a member who also did a replica, but that one seemed better in the details than this one, and it had the V12 BMW engine in it. I googled some and I believe it was this one

Ferrari 250 GTO Replica: Based On A Nissan 280Z With A BMW V12!

Edited by bartsscooterservice

That looks like the VeloRossa spyder, with the flip-front. Or a customized late-model Corvette?

For the engine, I think a small displacement (2.6 Litre? LOL) V-8 with downdraft carburettors (such as an old formula 2) would be better than a common engine.

I actually had a dream once where I met an old guy from Italy, who worked for a defunct post-war automaker who was able to build for me a 2.8 Litre V-12!